The losers bracket Round 2B will probably have to wait until tomorrow - it takes a good hour to put this together and I have stuff I need to get done today.
Right, that was really a tough choice between those two. (I initially voted for Fargo.)
But you convinced me to search my feelings and change my vote, though—and the vote is so close that my switch single-handedly put Empire Strikes Back into the lead.
Eh, I beg to differ . I think Fargo IS the best Coen brothers film overall and despite my childhood obsessions (I saw Star Wars at the long-since gone Coronet in San Francisco on opening day and went back 5 times), I just don’t think they’re great films. None of them, I’m afraid, with the possible exception of the first . They’re entertaining, but not great. They’re one of those beloved franchises that, as movies, diminishes ever more with passing time (for me). Lando Calrissian suckssss.
My feeling over the Star Wars movie is mostly childhood nostalgia. Also, Disney ruined it for me, so I have a hard time watching them these days. Having said that, I tend to either love or hate Coen Bros movies and Fargo is the exception to the rule. I don’t hate it, but I do find it somewhat boring, predictable and overrated. I’d actually rather watch Empire Strikes Back.
I really love Oh Brother, where art thou? and I seem to be the biggest fan of The Hudsucker Proxy, it lost money and isn’t well rated, but I think it is pretty close to perfect.
Fargo I thought was mostly boring, but I know many love it.