The Greatest Slash Pairings of All Time

Frodo/Sam.

I kept annoying my friends when we were watching LotR by pointing out the homoeroticism in every other scene.

Sometimes I really genuinely wonder if something happened between Lennon/McCartney. Paul once said that he didn’t think John was gay (or experimented) because John never tried to sleep with him. Like that’s all the proof you might need of Lennon’s sexuality because clearly if he swung that way he would have banged Paul like a screen door?

Laurel and Hardy, with Abbott and Costello close behind. So to speak.

Let your minds linger on those for a timeless moment…

They don’t have to be, but for me, it’s not the same. While I’m sure that smoking fanfic could be written for House/Spock (god, the snark!), I was thinking of real, canon, emotionally connected soul mate type of slash.

Although, now you’ve got me picturing House/Spock, so your post is deeply welcome.

Flea Slash Ozzie. But only in 600 AD.

House and Wilson even openly joke about it.

Aren’t the characters of House and Wilson loosely based on Holmes and Watson? Seems like I read that somewhere…

Can’t let a thread like this go by without mentioning Sirius/Lupin from Harry Potter. A lot of fans go for Harry/Draco, too, but I think that’s a little too far-fetched for my tastes.

Yeah, they throw in little nods from time to time - House lives at 221B, for example.

Also House=Home=Holmes.

Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin.

I saw Mario, Yoshi (dunno if Yoshi counts), and Luigi slash fiction on /b/ once. I’ve seen worse.

We’ve all seen worse. I saw Pippin/Shadowfax once. What I’m looking for is the best.

Kirk/Spock. The original, and still the best.

My favorite anime slash pairing is Naruto and Sasuke, aka SasuNaru (with Sasuke as the dominant partner). Also Ichigo/Uryuu from Bleach. Somehow the spiky-haired hero/angsty rival pairing works for me.

No love for Lenny and Carl?

Wait, isn’t that 3 guys?

Third or fourth me for Holmes/Watson. Mainly because Holmes is so asexual (at least Brett’s Holmes) that he would just be some sort of maniac once he let loose.

Yoshi seemed to enjoy it.

Prolly the best slash fiction in web comics:

I nominate Skinner and Mulder as Kirk and Spock’s successors. Something about the show’s fanbase, the internet picking up steam and David Duchovny’s erotic past just made it all click.

Richard I/Mercadier. It has to be, right? I mean, Mercadier had Richard’s killer flayed alive even though Richard himself insisted before dying that the boy be set free. That is some loyalty, for a completely platonic relationship.

That’s the “Crossover” sub-genre of fan fiction! (Not all of which is slash.)

My vote: Benton Fraser & Ray Kowalski of Due South. At the end of the show, they head off together on an adventure…

Moe and Larry
Curly and Larry
It was a vicious triangle.