The I Don't Have A Topic MMP

{{{{nellie}}}}

{{{{nellie}}}}

It’s been howling since around midnight. It’s calmed down a bit, though. Currently it’s only gusting to 31 mph. I heard on the news this morning that in Alpental, WA a 121 mph gust was recorded.

Been busy with work and sundry. For tomorrow “they” are predicting quite a bit of precipitation. Depending on the temperature and altitude, it could be rain, sleet or snow. Only have to go to therapy, which is across the street, and I’m considering getting pizza delivered.

Have a hankering for baklava, but most of the restaurants which would have a good version, are not open. As of Monday we’re getting more restrictions, but salons are staying open, so no worries about my next hair appointment.

Glad to see shoe got her gold star.

And I’m glad I’m not the only one who had this thought:

Think I should stop looking at the computer and watch something entertaining on the tele. Too much doom and gloom from the weather and the news.

And add me to the crowd {{{nellie}}}, {{{gotti}}} and {{{talky}}}. Hang in there.

Oh, man. For the first time in over 50 years of cooking, I came across a rotten egg this morning. Just about the grossest thing I’ve ever seen. I went over to dump it into the compost bin and then the smell hit me. I nearly vomited in the sink. Holy mother of pearl, that is some nasty, gross stuff. It may put me off eggs for awhile. Please pass the brain bleach.

cookie, I don’t keep eggs around, but I have smelled a rotten one years ago and that stays with you–uggh…

FCM, only run the dishwasher about once a week, so I use all the bells and whistles I can program on it (steam clean, sanitize, heated dry). Seems to work well.

Dice, so you can get a haircut but not food…seems odd to me.

Still haven’t gotten out of the house yet, but I will (I keep saying to myself). Thing is there is nothing I really need to buy right now. We shall see if I think of something…

Oh! I forgot to mention…garage is fixed. No one was crushed in the fixin’, not even the husband. Yet.

I was actually able to speak to a person at our cable company - mainly because I needed to talk to sales. I’ve killed all but the high speed internet, which is still more expensive than I wanted, but the plan we had no longer exists. Dammit. Still, with the internet service and youtube TV, it’s still about half what we had been paying, so that’s good.

Meanwhile, supper is in the oven - ham-potato-onion scallop casserole. Fresh broccoli will be the side. So I can mostly chill till time to throw the broccoli into the steamer. Our accountant sent the worksheet for this year’s taxes - I’ll start pulling it all together. With luck, we won’t have to write a check again this year. Also, with luck this will be the last year we need an accountant.

Time to chill till the over timer summons me.

I went to move my car out of the way so that Mrs. L.A. could go see a patient. I saw something on the side door of the house; a plastic door-hanger bag with an envelope in it. I immediately recognised it as the propane receipt. I didn’t know anyone filled the tank! I looked at the date. It was January 7th – a week ago!

I called the propane company to ask them to please make a note to hang the receipt on the FRONT door. Otherwise I wouldn’t know that I owe them money.

I just deleted my painfully constructed post. Grrrrr

{{{Talkie}}}, {{{nellie}}}, {{{gotti}}}

My laptop keyboard is dying, which is inconvenient.

My sister’s surgery is now scheduled for Feb 24th.

I read everything else, I promise. Good luck with all moves, illnesses, surgeries/medical things, and idiot students.

HAPPY SECOND IMPEACHMENT DAY!!!

{{{{Sunny}}}}

Casserole was yum, as was the broccoli. Dishes are done and I’m about to assume the chill position. I didn’t tread the mill today and I’m trying to decide whether I should or not.

How motivated am I??

Not very.

Howdy Y’all! I got my nose scraped covid test this mornin’ and made a run to Sam’s for gas and sundries. OYKW made the run to the Pubic Sto’. We were both back home at ten-thirty this mornin’ and have not ventured out since. There has been a big yellow ball in the sky, but still quite chilly out, so inside and warm we stayed. Sup has been consumed. Chillage now ensues.

MOOOOOOM instructions say no corn, peas, beans, nuts, seeds, and popcorn seven days prior. No green veggies, turnip greens, broccoli, spinach, green beans, salads, fruits, fried fruits (fried fruits?!?!, who does that!), multigrain breads, or alcohol three days prior. The cleanout involves a large bottle of MiraLax and two-32oz. bottles of clear liquid (Gatorade recommended). Also to drink six to eight eight ounce glasses of water the day before when the liquid diet begins. I’m also supposed to take four Dulcolax tablets at four p.m. that day and start drinkin’ one bottle of Gatorade/MiraLax in three hours startin’ at five p.m. The day of I am supposed to drink the other bottle over two-three hours before the procedure, which means I get to start that at four a.m.! Nothing by mouth at all three hours prior. I have to be there at nine and the colonoscopy starts at ten. All in all not as ick as what I did in the past, but still ICK!

Now that I have thoroughly disgusted everyone, I shall move on to other things.

swampy, that sounds like a tougher pre-scope regimen than I had; on the other hand, it beats the heck (barely) out of drinking a gallon of raspberry-flavored water over a 4-hour period when mine was done 15 years ago.

flyboy, everybody seems to have bill problems; still waiting for my Internet/Phone bill which always came by the 10th last year. Apparently you’re supposed to look at your tank more often…

Did get out and walked through several stores, including Wal-mart (and a lap around Wal-Mart can burn some calories. On the down side, I ended up with another big jug of cheese balls (can’t break the habit) and also bought some shoe extenders to help break in my new everyday shoes (the old pair finally got religion–holy, they are). Also went Amazon and got a couple pair of slip-on tennis shoes for general house and run-to-the-store use. So credit cards will see I am still living.

OK, need to grill up a cheeseburger for dinner. All y’all take care.

The only time I’ve ever been coal-rolled, the offending truck driver actually apologized.

It was deliberate on his part, but I wasn’t the intended target. I know this for sure because while I was coughing and “what the hell”ing over it, the truck pulled up next to me at the next red light and the young driver hollered an explanation out the window at me.

“Sorry ‘bout that, ma’am! I was aiming for that sum-bitch ahead of you that cut me off back there, but he dun sped up at the last second and threw mah timing off!”

So I started out spa-ing boxes, then they had me help unload the irregs. Then they took all they guys helping me away. So I was pulling 90lbs. packages off the belt, running down a ladder, sliding them onto the irreg belt, them climbing up the ladder to repeat. That sucked.

sorry about the rotten egg, Cookie.

{{{nellie}}} We’re here if you feel the need to talk.

Mooooooom, my dishwasher takes about ten minutes to clean. That is, if I don’t have to wash my hair. :stuck_out_tongue:

swampy, I grew up with fried apples, so, yeah, fried fruit.

Irked, felt like I didn’t get a lot done, but it’s still in the lighter first half the month. Our new reconciler is beginning to get some sea legs, but it is a slow process.

I think I have another new neighbor. From the looks of it, I know there’s a dog there (looks like some kind of shepherd) and it sounded like there was also a small child parked in the second bedroom with the dog (the window was cracked, I’m guessing for cleaning). Nelson barked a hello to them.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

I went to the corner market for a bottle of plonk. I did get it (Yellow Tail cabernet sauvignon). I also got a red bell pepper, a green bell pepper, an onion, some snap peas, a chicken breast, and some mushrooms. At home I had celery, sesame oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, stir-fry sauce, and rice. So the veg and chicken and salt and pepper and garlic were chopped up (I left the snap peas whole) and put into a hot pan with the sesame oil. The rice is done. We’ll be eating in a few minutes. :slight_smile:

My son just went through this in a move to San Antonio Texas, with just that kind of agency. Accept the offer and be assured of a place. Cut the other guys loose.

I vote with the above. Take the help from your employer~it will give you a few month to scope out the place and find better suited housing that won’t ever yank you around like the current ones are. My 70+ years of life experience is screaming “don’t trust that agency! Back out!! get out while the getting is good and you won’t end up sleeping in your car while you are looking for another place, like you no doubt will be if you rely on them”.

There will always be a time and place for that. No hurry.

Glad to hear, but I am still gonna keep holding all you in the light.

Thanks. I am enjoying it mightily.

Who knows what they meant? Maybe a typo and they meant dried fruit, maybe lots of cuisine in your area actually includes fried fruit often. Should be fun to find out when you go in.

Roast chicken, mashed NOT, corn. Dinner achieved.

What got eaten around here was on the “graze at random” plan. Annoying day. Missed my usual bus, which is my fault, since I had to double back for a forgotten phone (I seem to be having that issue a lot lately).

Lyft achieved a rather distinctive level in TVCTPMO today. Driver cancelled on me while about 1/4 mile away, per app tracking, and filed a false health/safety violation on me, claiming I was not wearing a mask. I had put on said mask two minutes before, when the app notified me I needed to be ready and have it on. Note again, the driver never got close enough to see me (I certainly did not see a vehicle matching the provided description) wearing said mask. The app demanded I take a selfie with mask on, but without my glasses. It is nearly impossible for someone as nearsighted as I am to accomplish this photographic feat sans correction. I somehow did achieve this minor miracle, only to have the app refuse to upload said picture. I was 45 minutes late for irk, due to needing to grab a later bus. At least that went OK.

Callers were not utterly loathsome, and in a bright spot, traffic seems to have noticed certain inequities in call distribution, with the result that the goldbrickers (well, two of them) were actually taking about the same call volume as everyone else. I think they’re sulking. I really don’t care. (Goldbrick 3 is a whole different issue. As long as he stays out of my row instead of helicoptering around his girlfriend, he’s not my ulcer.)

Hugs, chocolate chip cookies, kitty purrs, dove coos, etc. to anyone needing/wanting any.