The I Don't Have A Topic MMP

Supper was mega-yum! Meatloaf, russets-n-onions fried up together, mixed veggies cooked in beef bouillon. I’s stuffded! FCD is finishing with the dishes - he rinses, then I load the dishwasher because he does it wrong. :rofl: Seriously, I load it to make unloading easier (like all plates of the same size stacked together) and to make sure water hits everything as it sloshes around. For someone who’s a ace with fluid dynamics, he doesn’t seem to get this basic truth.

I got a few more things done this afternoon - even cleaned the pellet stove. Plus I got to watch an episode of the Carol Burnett Show while treading the mill. Day is done. Chillage shall ensue.

Marvin Gaye signed a lot of autographs. But it’s cool to see it. The Jim Jones one is likely worth some serious money, but I have no comparisons. He wrote it to my wife to thank her for helping find job placements for prisoners when she worked with the SF sheriff’s office. This was before Jonestown, of course.

Re: the washer. My wife had just done all the bed linens and whites and was on her last load when it finally just said “nope”. It’s been having some issues for some time now with the interlock being balky. It’s a front loader, so the door hinges have started to bend, which means the door doesn’t close properly. It’s ten years old, so hopefully there are still parts out there for it.

Well, poopcakes. Overlygirl is in quarantine because one of her classmates has the 'rona. When I told her, she started crying and said she was diseased and was afraid she’d gotten us all sick. I guess that’s possible, but she doesn’t have symptoms (yet) and hasn’t been near my mom, so as far as I’m concerned, as long as we keep mom at a distance and don’t put anyone else in danger, we’re golden.

Ah, grocery delivery and Door Dash, what blessings thou art.

???

Oh dear - I really had no intention of blowing my own trumpet.

Another tale: We also did work for the WRVS. They had a big warehouse in Woolwich where they collected donated furniture to distribute to the needy.

At that time tenants had very little protection (landlords might argue that the pendulum has swung too far the other way since) and they could be evicted on a week’s notice. Many of the jobs I was involved in were women and children whose husband/father had been sent to prison. Landlords did not want criminal families as tenants.

The WRVS would find them accommodation and provide the basic furniture that they needed. The problem was that the accommodation was often four or five flights up and the donated furniture was frequently old and heavy.

On one occasion we were carrying a three-seater couch up four flights when my colleague said something funny. I started laughing and was so affected that I lost my hold on the couch, which bounced quite a long way back downstairs. It did not survive unscathed, and we left it to the last before parking it in the sitting room, collecting a signature and making our escape before she noticed the missing leg.

Yet another day of broken belts, but otherwise not horrid. but at 0200:
hic hic hic
hic hic hic
hornk
: splish :
: slat :
: splort :
:cat:

My goobenor is sane(and a Canes fan to boot). I’m just not sure which group I qualify for.

Idiots with diesel trucks put in straight pipe exhaust and modify things to belch a bunch of black smoke, then try to put a big cloud of it into a passing car. Dangerous and illegal.

You’re a good egg, Bob the Second.

[b]gotti[b/], sorry about PWAISDN’s job woes. :slightly_frowning_face:

{{{gotti and PWAISDN}}} I hope that things get sorted out soon.

nut, I hope that there’s no big excitement during your move. After, maybe, but not during. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mooooooom, your gubner has to use some common sense given he has an R behind his name in a blue state.

bob_bob, you sound like someone I would like IRL (I already like you online).

herald, my first inventory job was running the parts room for a large maintenance department in the meat packing industry. One of the guys named Robert was always referred as Joe by the Lao and Thai people out on the floor because he belonged to the TN National guard (short for GI Joe). In our department, given that we’re in the south, we called him Joe Bob. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got my stimulus check today. Yay! I feel a bit guilty, given that I not only have kept my job, but am irking OT and making more money than usual. My plans for it are charitable donations and spending another chunk at a couple of locally owned businesses.

Irked, had Puerto Rican pollo y arroz from the freezer a small spinach salad on the side. Now for KP and chilling in the studio.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Evening all. Pretty much a nothing-doing day, will go out and check the mail here shortly (it’s been running way late these days). Dinner has been consumed and once dishes are in the washer I’ll close it up for tomorrow (to late tonight to run it).

Nettie, I was wondering the same thing about coal-rolled. Think doggio is right, unless flyboy has an alternative explanation.

red, glad you got your stimulus check. Still wondering about mine and if the $13.55 they paid me is all I get.

2bobs (I like that, swampy), if you’re wondering, we have a “bobbio” already, albeit he doesn’t seem to be around much these days. And I remember a few days I spent in my 20’s helping to deliver furniture. Really wish the folks who design houses would have to move a living and bedroom set into the house before they can finish it…

talky{{{ }}} and hope nothing comes of it. Doubt you’re the only ones in this predicament.

wet one, heck of a way to remember your brother. At least the guy sounds like he was an OK dude.

Alrighty, on to internettin’ and readin’ for awhile. All y’all take care.

Oh, my dear Mumper friends, I am devastated. I got news today that someone very, very dear to me–I won’t go into how or why–is dying and in hospice. It was sudden. He’s unconscious, so I can’t talk to him, but at least he’s not frightened or in pain. I’m beyond crushed. I have nobody to talk to about it and will have to handle this on my own. Just the way it is.

If I’m not on here for a few days, it’ll be because I just can’t. I don’t know what tomorrow will be like or the days after. Maybe I’ll be here sobbing on your shoulders. But if I’m not, don’t worry: I’ll be putting one foot in front of the other. I just wish I could leapfrog from now to acceptance and having this in the past. Doesn’t work that way, though.

Love you all.

{{{{nellie}}}} I’m so sorry. :frowning:

May I offer that you have all of us here to talk to? All of us have lost dear ones. We’re pretty good listeners. Couple of us are always here early in the morning, couple more of us [in my opinion the most fun ones🙃] are reliably around late at night so there’s always at least one of us nearby. Use us, it’s good for all parties.

{{{{ Nellie }}}} + unlimited refills

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to sort.

(((Nellie)))

The only problem with the backup housing is that I have to let them know if I need it by Friday. I’m due to pick up the keys to the new place on Saturday, and they’re being a bit evasive about it- apparently the previous/current tenant didn’t leave on time, he should have been gone last week. The agency’s being ridiculous anyway, they keep sending me emails telling me to fill out forms I’ve already sent the, they’ve insisted I have to have contents insurance (sounds fair enough, but I’m renting one room- it contains one bed, a little chest of drawers and a wardrobe, all of which appear to be cheap ones from IKEA- the cost of 6 months insurance for the minimum value available would be almost enough to replace them all with similar items) and other obnoxious wrangling.

Be worth a lot more if it was legit and from after…

Morning, mumpers! Another grey and dreary day here. Weather app says “All of the clouds can go and fuck all the way off”, I’d agree with that! Today’s best offer is 4C/39F up to 9C/48F and cloudy with fog.

[[[[[nellie]]]]] I am so sorry to hear about your friend, but you do have all of us to talk to if you feel so inclined. Given our distribution across the planet, there’s usually someone around here too. Sending you big hugs anyway.

2bob you are a good egg, aren’t you? Since you mentioned Woolwich, my uncle used to work at the big Royal Mail sorting office in Woolwich before he retired and moved back to Brighton where he (and my mum) grew up. He lived in East Ham until the houses in his area were bought up and demolished. They were moved out to a newly-built estate in New Becton which he really liked, but he always wanted to go back to his Brighton roots.

gotti and PWAISDN sorry to hear you are both having a tough time at the moment, I hope you can find a bright spot to focus on.

nut hope you can work it all out this week. Contents insurance for crappy Ikea furniture sounds like a waste of money to me. Can you talk your way out of it? I suppose it’s not just for the furniture, but your stuff as well, although you won’t be able to fit much into one room…

Right…off to do more irk. Students are being utterly stupid today. Not that it’s much different to other days…

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 40 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 52 and maybe somewhat N.O.S. this afternoon. Or not. Today is lay in provisions day. I also have to get a covid test this mornin’ at nine-twenty. Seriously, it says nine-twenty on the appointment reminder. Allegedly I will drive up and someone will walk out to twuck to test me. We shall see. After that I shall make a Sam’s run. Fortunately Sam’s is fairly close by where I have to go. Sup shall be chikin ‘n dumplin’s and peas ‘n carrots (cause one must have a veggie). Actually I shall be eatin’ just the carrots cause I am that within seven days range of my colonoscopy where I must not eat peas, beans, N.O.N., seeds, and popcorn accordin’ to the instructions.

{{{Nellie}}} I am so sorry about your friend. Like others have said you do have us to talk to, as needed.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, alack, woe, and bother, I suppose I must purtify and don appropriate bein’ about the public attire. This has happened far too much in the past couple of weeks.

Happy Hump Day Y’all!

That’s a new one on me - the only thing I was ever told to avoid (and only while choking down the prep solution) was any drink with red dye (cherry or grape cool aid, I think orange drink, too.) I’m coming due for another one soon - gonna ask the doc if I’m a candidate for the mail-in test, since I’ve had clean results in the past and no family history of colon cancer. Nice breakfast talk there, eh?

{{{nellie}}} - what they said! Be strong, my friend!

nut - with all the nonsense about your one room, can’t you just tell them never mind and take help from your employer?

It’s shopping day, since today starts a new round of specials, so after I finish caffeination, I’m heading to Food Lion to see what this week holds. they have chuck roasts on sale - I see a pot roast in our future! Beyond that, not sure what the day has in store for me. FCD said he might need some help in his shop. Into the unknown!!!

Happy Wednesday!

Morning all. Up early (well, for me 7:30am is early) and got the dishwasher started on it’s 271-minute cycle. Will probably try to get out of the house for some reason today just to be active. But it’s 24F (-4.5C) right now, so not rushing…

{{{nellie}}}, I am sorry to hear your news and like other’s said much better, we’re here.

FCM, hope the Doc approves you for the home test kit.

nut, hope things work out one way or another. Sounds like the agency is not particularly well-organized.

OK, check things around and about the internet and then break fast. All y’all take care.

Tell me your dishwasher doesn’t run for 4 anna half hours!!

I ran the self-clean cycle on my washing machine yesterday and it was 3 anna half hours. Seemed a bit extreme but now I have a clean washer, so there’s that.

OK, off to Food Lion with me!

I had an insta-fail this morning. Like a dork, I tried hard to emulate some of those instagrams/pinterest breakfast thingies. You know, the ones where there’s a base (in my case, a lovely quinoa pilaf with spinach) and a perfectly cooked egg that was essentially poached in the base? Yeah…so, it took about four minutes of seriously hard cooking to get the egg white to even start cooking a little bit. And another two minutes to make sure the white was fully cooked, after which the yolk was also so hard cooked I could’ve bounced it off the floor. The resultant snot-pilaf-with-golf ball-yolk was a little too much for me to contemplate, so I threw it out and simply poached a couple of eggs in my Dash egg cooker. Now I’m waiting for my hopefully more palatable breakfast.

In other news, overlygirl is not taking to quarantine well - she’s convinced that she’s going to get the rest of us sick and kill us all despite my insistence to the contrary. Still, I’m going to get tested Friday or Monday since next week is when my mom’s radiation side effects are expected to really start kicking in, and I may need to be far more hands on. So far, we’re all golden. I’ve got unexpected pretty bad joint pain that won’t bugger off, but then again, I have terrible posture and went for a workout twice the day before last.

nellie, I’m so sorry - that is so devastating. Hugs to you. Please let us know how you’re doing when you can.

The chuck roasts were disappointing - I know it’s a fatty meat, but dang, one roast was easily half fat in the form of a huge chunk in the middle of some meat. Nope. I may go back later in the week and see if they have some better ones - or maybe I’ll go to the other Food Lion.

Now what? Dunno. Netflix?