The Kentucky Derby

About 32 hours to post just wondering if there were any thoughts out there on this year’s Kentucky Derby. Any ideas? Input? Favorites I should ignore?

Perfect Drift? Saarland? The line that I see says Came Home is the current favorite.

I heard on the news this morning that Buddah has been scratched so the field is down to 19 now. I ususally like Baffert’s horses- he has 2 this year, Danthebluegrassman and War Emblem. However, I like Request for Parole. I think we’re going to try to do an office pool, and that’s my pick. His dosage index is a little high, though (3.57), so that may be a mistake. My second choice would be Ocean Sound. His odds are 50-1, but he has a good dosage number (1.86), and I could be mistaken, but I think he was bred in Ireland.

No idea on the orses this year - but [hijack] have you ever noticed how much horse names sound like doper names? :smiley:

I was kinda thinkin about Danthebluegrassman and the fact that none of the lines are picking him must make him a favorite to win. Although again, I go back to Perfect Drift, reasonable odds, nice record and a dosage index of 2 (I really don’t know if that’s good or bad.)

Ok, Baffert only has War Emblem left, with Lafit Pincay up.

I will put money on Pincay any day (even at his age, 55), he is the winningest jockey in history, having passed Bill Shoemaker a while back.

I LOVE the Kentucky Derby. Too bad that is about the only time horse racing is shown on TV, it is such a great sport.

I’m going with Perfect Drift to win.

23 minutes to post, and I’m rooting for the favorite right now, Harlan’s Holiday. I just want to see an Ohio horse win it all…since I grew up in Ohio.

AND IT’S WAR EMBLEM!!!

Damn, that’s Bob Baffert’s third Derby win, I think. Pincay brought him in at 20-1!

I love to see the locals win!