Wow, lots and lots of posts. Glad the interview was OK, swampy. Hope tomorrow’s goes even better. Maybe the job will be more interesting.
And Drae, how was yours?
Yay for your freedom from N.C, LiLi!
rigs, you just copied something large (did you copy and paste something?) and it was asking you if you wanted it to hold onto it so that you could paste it somewhere else.
Glad that Library Crazy Person got her comeuppance for the moment, rigs. And sorry about the gossipy lady. Definitely a person worth ignoring.
QD, sweetie: Bobbio and Puggy are right about the undergarment sitch. Very important to note.
The girls arm-in-arm thing is a really interesting cultural thing. I feel like I’m changing hats when I go from country to country. Mexico: yes, absolutely. U.S.: not usually. Germany: Hardly ever.
Pretty pics, Mama Tigs. We had an awful ice storm here Christmas 2004. Very pretty, but a major problem for lots of people. I had lots of friends who were without electricity for a week. I was lucky and just had to live without internet for about 12 hours. Highly inconvenient, of course, but I had heat and electricity. And, yes, traveling in a car was NOT fun.
Sounds like a bad case of academic politics, Spats. You’ll probably want to pay attention to all of this to avoid getting stuck in the middle of it later on.
I wish I’d taken more stats, cuz I could really use a better understanding these days. I’ve picked up bits and pieces from friends and colleagues, but it would have been nice to have more that one really bad course when I was a junior in college about 100 years ago.
Mork and gotti, y’all are geeks. 
I don’t have a machine with XP (I assume I’ll get stuck with Vista now) yet; my old PC has ME, which mostly makes it easier to deal with USB stuff. My laptop is an iBook (which I’m very attached to), but I’ll eventually replace the PC with another laptop because I have a need to run a few programs that are only available in Windows versions. Also, the iBook is the one that travels and the PC is the one with info that I don’t really want to drag around the world with me. But I’m trying to delay replacing the PC. It’s really old - bought it in 1998 - but it mostly runs really well and I don’t use it enough to replace it until I absolutely have to. (I have an external hard drive attached to it and back up all my documents to it, so it won’t be a tragedy if it kicks…).
Well, I’ve been starting post for something like 3 hours. Maybe I should just hit submit.
GT