The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Remake

It’s coming November 5, 2026, and they just released a gameplay video that rocked my world.

I loved the original game for the N64 and played the heck out of it.

That remake looks almost too good to be true.

It’s true. It’s from GameSpot’s official website. This is not just an HD Remaster; it’s essentially a new game.

I find Young Link kind of creepy looking, but I think it’s something I could get over.

I want to replay a bunch of the Zelda games now that I have access to them again with a Switch 2 console. I’m not sure if the Switch runs the N64 version any better than a real N64, but probably not. Playing this remake seems like a better idea than the original when the time comes. It was a great game (LttP is better), but it’s also a 1996 game with a frame rate of like 15 and brutal sound design.

Never enough time for all the games.

Here’s some more details about the game and other things that Nintendo is doing to mark the franchise’s 40th anniversary.

Some new things not in the trailer that I’m excited for: jump button, audio input for tune input (so you can play an actual ocarina to activate the songs), camera rotation, rotating through items like Breath of the Wild.

One thing that a lot of people didn’t notice in the trailer that looks to improve everything, equipping/unequipping the metal shoes in water temple through a button. That will speed everything up and keep a flow of exploration much smoother. Taking them on/off through the menu slowed everything way down which made the water temple feel even worse. Probably made people miss some visual clues as well.

You can also sing the ocarina tunes through the Switch 2’s built-in controller microphone. This is the best thing since Rock Band. :smiley:

Here’s some more gameplay footage.