The light at the end of the tunnel & other advice MMP

When the light at the end of the tunnel is getting larger one should step to the side, far to the side, because sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel really is an oncoming train.

Flytrap, you should check this place out.
Psst. Anyone have some rope I could borrow?
What’s your pre-hijack sage advice? (Other than don’t forget it when seasoning the Thanksgiving turkey. :eek:)

First! It’s good to be juvenile! :smiley:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 45 Amurrkin out and dark (TWPTB say clear) with a predicted high of 75 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. It bein’ Moanday, I shall spiff da cave even though it’s pretty clean and sanitary as it is. A little spiff up never hurts. We shall sup upon my world famous Eyetalian chikin and whatever side matter I decide upon.

Spidey cool pic! I have no sage advice other than there needs to be enough in the cornbread dressin’ or it won’t be good.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Cawledge Hawkey after work.:slight_smile:

Turkeys can’t fly:eek::(:confused:

Just glad to be awake. Outside temp is one degree Celsius, here near the Flint River in NE Madison County. That’s okay, since it’s about 25C in my house.

On tap today is me taking my Company’s laptop in to the local office to get the password fixed again. I’ll have to call the IT guy in CoS to do that. (Thank you Micro$oft–changed password for the company domain, VPN, and office dot com last week, but it didn’t propagate back to the laptop??? I changed the password from the laptop.)

Oh, well, my instruction is to charge a couple of hours to the contract whenever I go to the local office. Not to mention I’ll only be a couple of miles from Target while I’m over there, and I might get to grab lunch at Ol’ Heidelberg–on account of I love me some schnitzel, you know.

Cheers to all.

Advice? It’s a little early in the morning for that, ain’t it? I can’t come up with anything more profound than Don’t eat yellow snow.

It was 35° in my back yard when I let Higgs out. I was not impressed!! We jumped right from summer to winter, dammit! Stoopit weather.

Lots of stuff to do today - and for the rest of the week, methinks. Six weeks from tomorrow, we head to Ocala for turkey, followed by a jaunt across America’s Penis to Ft. Lauderdale for our cruise. I am so ready!!

Happy Moanday!

Happy Moonday!

It’s a chilly 34 degrees outside, supposed to be N.O.S. later, but too early to tell for sure right now.

I slept pretty well last night considering the number of time my bladder got me up.

My advice - don’t wear wrap skirts on windy days.

I am old. I recently had my 49th birthday and it really feels like it. My back is going, my energy is sapped easier, and I’m depressed and stressed about the state of the world. Even most entertainment has themes overloaded with misery. Bleargh.

My advice: Don’t live next door to meth addicts.

Oh, to be 49 again… or even 59… :wink: In a lot of ways, age is a state of mind. And I’d say in the MMP, the state of mind averages something around 12 or 13. At least that seems to be the maturity level sometimes.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad you answered Bat Boy, FCM; being 66 meself I might have been slightly less understanding…

41F here this A-yem and I agree, we seem to have skipped much of Fall and are moving downward way to fast.

My advice is never to try and coach three youth soccer teams and get your home remodeled at the same time.

George (think that’s your Mumper name; we need to do a new listing one of these days), we’ll have to meetup for lunch one of those days your in town, I’m in the area.

I’ll head up to the border for my lottery tickets about 9am, do a little literary shopping (friend gave me some book recommendations), and grab my Moanday lunch at JJ’s.

Here’s some advice for college students: Anything more than five beers is a bad idea.
Here’s some general advice: Find every loophole.

Made it through Juliet Jr.'s birthday party. A few kids showed up that didn’t rsvp, another kid puked, another kid had problems with loud noises and freaked out when all the kids were being loud… and of course neither of those kids had parents who stayed for the party.

But Juliet Jr. liked her party and we all survived.

This weekend is the annual fundraiser that Romeo and I do for my parish. It’s a breakfast and silent auction; Romeo runs the kitchen and I run the silent auction part (and tickets, etc.) I need to finish inventory on all of the donations and turn some of them into grouped baskets. Then we have to get everything setup and prepped Saturday and run the event Sunday. I’m taking off of work on Thursday and Friday to get the rest of the stuff organized, bid sheets prepared, etc.

And I think I’m coming down with something. I just need to sleep more.

My advice: sleep more.

The sun is bright this morning, too bad it’s not warmer outside.

I like my new blinds, they are so much easier to raise in the morning.
The down side is that Ripple can raise them too. Every evening when we lower the blinds it isn’t long before Ripple goes to his favorite window and raises the blind.

I don’t know what is up with him this morning though, he is ignoring his breakfast. He doesn’t seem sick, just not eating.

I would rather have a half of a bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Never try to draw to an inside straight.

49?!?!?!? Get off my lawn you *%^&!!! little rug-rat crumb-cruncher and no you can’t have your ball back. Damn kids. :wink:

Actually we all fee like that at times after we turn 30.

Howdy Y’all! I hereby declare da cave spiffed and sanitary. So mote it be! Also decided that green beans and smashed N.O.T. shall be the side matter for tonight’s sup, cause A. we like 'em both, and 3. easy enough to make ready.

And lunch break is over… Back at it. alas…

Evenin’ all.

The only useful bit of life advice I remember being given is 'when backpacking, always keep your dirty clothes in a dry bag as well as your clean ones, ‘cos at some point, they might be the cleanest you’ve got.’ That was honestly the first reaction my mother had to me saying I was going to New Zealand for a year, my family has strange priorities.

Finally really started off my Big Project for the year, sowed the spores for me ferns at the tiny plant lab this afternoon, and now I get to wait two weeks before I go there again to find out if they’ll do anything. I have a backup plan if they don’t, but I’d really rather these worked.

I feel really young hanging round with you lot :stuck_out_tongue:

Makes up for Uni, where I feel ancient.

Blurf. I have slept for most of three days. Now I am doing laundry and trying to stay awake in hopes of being able to sleep tonight. I have the bed sheets washing and spun the bed around since the mattress can’t be flipped.

I don’t know what shall be supper except it shan’t be chicken since hubby declared he doesn’t want chicken.

My life is boring. I got nothing.

Hummingbirds aren’t afraid of anything. (How’s that for a hijack?)
As I was standing on the edge of the patio this morning while the pups did their morning yard inspection I noticed a Hummer working the feeder 2 feet from my head. I watched her for a couple minutes and she seemed completely unconcerned by my presence. :dubious:

BTW, when do hummers begin their migration? It’s getting pretty cold around here. I guess I’ll just keep filling the feeder 'til it stops getting emptied.

Oh, and Swampy, yestidday I hauled two trash cans allll the way out to the road! (50 whole feet!) :eek:
We have separate trash cans here for regular garbage, regular recycle, yard debris, and now, glass recycle. The glass recycle is a little one though.
Yesterday was reg. grabbage and reg. recycle. Later on, after the recycle truck goes by, I’ll go out and haul them alllll the way back up the driveway.

I’m on my own for dinner again. I may take another stab at won ton soup. I discovered that Costco sells some pretty decent won tons and bought a bag.
Or maybe tuna noodle casserole.
Decisions, decisions. :confused:

Mundane and pointless, that’s my life.

Advice: Don’t look straight up at a bird.

Well, got $20 worth of MegaMillions lottery tickets for tomorrow, which will probably be in the shredder Wednesday. Also bought two new books that were recommended by Facebook friends (Earning the Rockies: How Geography shapes America’s role in the World by Robert Kaplan and The Skeptics Guide to the Universe by Steven Novella. Those events and an early lunch took care of the morning. Soccer coaching this evening, might get some nappage in there too.
Butters, you’ve relocated during a hurricane, cleaned up afterward and run an office with all those responsiblities; I would put it to you while you life may be regular it is not boring.

Nut, nice of you to keep us ‘elders’ company…

Bumba, regarding your last piece of advice; our soccer fields are located next to a pond with a fairly large gaggle of geese, and when they all take off over the field, everybody moves away from the flight path or just ducks.

its never cold enough for our humming birds to migrate…………….