The light at the end of the tunnel & other advice MMP

I wish we got hummingbirds :frowning:

I mean, our birds are nice and everything, but the closest we can manage is a moth. Not quite the same.

I just threw together a big batch of sketty sauce. Some will be tonight’s supper and the rest will go in the freezer for future suppers.

It smells yummy in the house!

:smiley:

Sup has been ingested and the kitchen is all cleanded. Bumba I hauled my neighbor’s and my biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can all the way from the road to where they live durin’ the week. We do that for each other. We’re nice dammit!

{{{emily}}}

metal mouse, iffen you and george meet up for lunch sometime, holler. I’m less than an hour away. :smiley:

Mooooom, it’s hard to believe that three short weeks ago, it was 90F. If sunny Merryland is anything like the middle of Tennessee, we have a couple more summers left though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Per the OP: my advice is to watch your feet when milking. A goat’s hooves hurt and a cow’s can break your bones.

Like metal mouse, I swung through the convenience market today for $20 worth of Mega Millions. It had been so long since I had bought them that I wasn’t even sure what they cost anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

I shall have to invest a few bucks in that lottery. That is almost too much money though. Still I would not turn it down.

Mooommm. What is your sketties sauce recipient?

I have been having mega sinus allergies attacks. I take pills for it but sometimes they don’t work. It is aggravating to sneeze constantly. Freaking fall allergens.

We checked out the dog park today. We didn’t go in, just walked around to see what it is like.
On thing, not enough parking. There are only 6 spaces and 2 of those are handicapped. There are more spaces across the way though.
It’s also further away than I thought. We have so many parks in this city, I thought it was one of the closer ones.

Chili for dinner for me, hot dogs for my son.
I don’t know now when my nephew? is coming to do some things around here. It was supposed to be Wednesday, but the kids get out of schooll at 3:20 and my niece may have to irk that day,so there will be nobody to be with the kids. If they come on the weekend all 4 boys will come with them. I could find stuff for the older ones to do, but I don’t know where I’d put everybody.

Bumba it’s time to stop feeding the hummingbirds, or they won’t leave. There are always some that stay year round, but they are supposed to fly South with everything else. Don’t refill the feeder. In several weeks, if you are getting freezes and still seeing the little guys, you can put out food, since it will be too late for them to leave.

Advice? Don’t learn to drive, or ski, or anything technical from your honey. You will end up hating them.

PS - it’s still hot here, in the 80’s every day. Come visit!

Recipe not recipient. Yes that’s it. Recipe.

Butters, it’s not exactly a recipe. I brown ground beef with onions, throw in chunked fresh mushrooms and let it cook down a bit, then I suck out the grease and excess liquid. Then a can or 2 of diced tomatoes, a glug or 2 of burgundy, garlic, basil, oregano, pepper, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Honestly, there are no measured quantities - I go by looks. Then it simmers till it looks thick enough.

I tried to give my daughter a more specific recipe, but she said it wasn’t good. I just do whatever works.

I got my lottery tickets. There’s a machine in WaWa where you can buy all lottery tickets and scratchers. The 2 women ahead of me were sloooooooooow but they finally finished and I bought mine in about 10 seconds. Surely one of them is the winner…

My version of buying lottery tickets is to buy tickets for concerts that take place in the winter, and then wonder what the odds are that on the day of the concert, my bronchitis will be bad. :frowning:

Today wasn’t a bad day. Gotta finish up one or two more things.

Sounds good. I need to make some and see if it’s good. The sauce we use is expensive.

I still have to buy my lottery tickets in the morning.

Bedtime. Night.

As God as my witness I…know what that links to w/o clicking. :wink:

Mooommm thinks we’re mature! :smiley:

You should know. :o
:wink:

On a message board dedicated to fighting ignorance I must categorically deny that statement. They are not only afraid of, they are terrified of karaoke, because to do karaoke you need to know the words, & if they knew the words… :stuck_out_tongue:

So what your saying is when the first one takes off, someone points & yells, “Goose! Duck, duck.” :smiley:
'spensive day; car has new shocks & I’ll have a new camera bag tomorrer.

Survived work. College hockey game rocked, and Canes won in Motown as well. [Ice Cube]Today was a good day[/IceCube]

Who’s pulling it upwards? I’m at an 8(I giggle when I hear the word “Adult” or mention of the 7th planet in the Solar System.:smiley:

The hell I do.:stuck_out_tongue:

Is that what y’all call it on your side of the pond?:D;)

What about the coconuts?

**Spidey **and **doggio **- do neither of you understand the concept of average??? :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like a couple of childs were left behind…

Boy, howdy, my coworkers sure took me at my word. Between the pile of crap on my desk and the assorted emails, I shall be busy for a while. Or they’re trying to get as much as then can before I leave on vacation.

SIL has a colonoscopy today, so he got to do the prep last night. He stayed in the basement - maybe he likes that toilet the best. All I can say is better he than me. I’ve still got a few years before I’m due again. TMI, I know…

Happy Tuesday!

OK, for all you lot with the mental age of a 13 year old: I’m doing some plant pathology homework and apparently the sexually reproductive stage of the Grey Mold has its own scientific name, because fungus is weird: Botryotinia fuckeliana.
Named for one Mr Fuckel.

You can stop sniggering now.

I’m going to try be good and at least get a proper start on this coursework today, I’m going back up my old stomping grounds next weekend, so I’d like to get a fair bit of stuff done before Friday, really. Not that it’s in before January, but I’ll have more to do later.

Recycling and rubbish has gone out, washing is in the machine, attempts are being made at Organisation.

Poor baby (I’ve got a year and change on you). The advice does seem sound.

Being 49 wasn’t the part I wanted you all to focus on. I just included that because I had my birthday recently, and birthdays are always times for self-reflection. The part I think counts as “being old” is the body deterioration.

Happy Toosday!

It’s a dark 45 degrees outside, supposed to be clear with a high of 63 today.

My son has been quite lax about mowing and whacking, today is ass kicking day if he doesn’t get to it. Won’t be long before he has to start leaf vacuuming.

Ah, bodily deterioration… good times. Aches in places you didn’t know you had places! Failing eyesight. All manner of groans upon standing, or moving, or inhaling too deeply.

I was on the floor playing with my granddaughter last night, and getting up was not fun. Gravity is a bitch!!!

OK, back to work with me.

I was pretty beat yesterday, so I crashed at 9 pm. I’m not young enough or old enough to go to bed at 9! Feeling more human today, but I still have a long day ahead of me.