The light at the end of the tunnel & other advice MMP

I was in bed before 8:30…

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN I was a slugabed and did not arise until seven-forty five! :eek: ‘Tis 62 Amurrkin out and cloudyish with a predicted high of 75 and mostly cloudy for the day. Might even get some rain. Or not. TWPTB are willy-nilly about this. Laundry is the big item on today’s agenda. A load of towels and other white stuff is washin’ away as I post. I shall make a run to Ferd’s as they have Coke products on sale. We shall sup upon poke chops, field peas with snaps, fried okra and corn bread. I am in the mood to do some down home cookin’.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, I suppose I should purtify and don appropriate goin’ about the public attire. Such bother!

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Did you come here to fight ignorance, or to make a speech? :dubious:

BLurf. Spent a half hour on the phone with my poor sister. She had brain surgery yesterday to correct Trigeminal neuraglia which is known as the Suicide Disease. She was still in ICU but sounds like she is doing OK. She found a wonderful neurologist in a little Podunk town in TN. Tullahoma. Anyway he said the surgery was textbook and he was able to isolate and cover the nerve causing the problem.
Our weekly manager meeting is in a different location and we must bring our Government Owned Vehicles for inspection. I have a 15 pax van and a 25 pax bus. I have someone to drive the bus and i will drive the van which I don’t like to drive cause it is so big.

At some point I must go buy lotto tickets.

**Butters **- don’t wait till the last minute to get the tickets - the lines may be stupid long!!

We used to own a 12-pax van - closest I ever came to driving a bus.

OK, back to work again…

I came here to make a speech that fights ignorance. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that metal mouse is done with home renovations, I believe you’re up next. I’ll even kick in & buy the toilet for your bathroom upgrade. You’re welcome!
Back in the orifice today. :frowning:

And to think I thought it was MY alimentary canal that caused it to explode.
Either that, or someone let the pak’ma’ra in.

Spidey, here’s the toilet I want (if I thought the local plumbers could install it): Supply.com to Ferguson.com Plumbing Supply Transition

Used one in Beijing this year at the Hotel. It was…fascinating.

Drove a 15 Pax bus in Vegas years ago, was a very unusual feeling…I was constantly worried about having enough room to turn or change lanes.

Butters, happy your sister’s surgery went well. Constant pain is no fun for anyone.

As for the average age argument, I subscribe to the following: “Growing old is Mandatory; growing up is optional.” I’m hoping to never completely grow up.

Now need to run the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen.

Getting old sucks, but it is better than the alternative.

I hope your sister us feeling better soon Butters.

The biggest vehicle I ever drove was my father’s suburban. I loved it on the highway, hated it in the city. I drove it to the grocery store in the city one day and I took up 4 parking spaces, it was too wide and too long to fit in one spot. I always had to park it out at the end of the lot because where I lived you did not want to take up two+ spaces.
When parking is limited people can get pretty shitty.

Yesterday’s lesson was on Brittish punk. Big gap in my knowledge about music. Most of the bands I’d never heard of. I know The Clash and The Sex Pistols. Next lesson is on the civil rights movement and funk. I know Sly and the Family Stone is one band. I like funk so this should be fun.
One thing that amuses me is how my son butchers the names of some of the bands. Sometimes I can’t figure out who he is taking about. Of course I can understand anybody tripping over Lynyrd Skynyrd if you had never heard of them.

I wonder if the lottery ticket lines will be as long as the weed-shop lines were here in Canada.

I drove a van once.

I got up way too late today. I just don’t get anything done these days. Well, now to try to make the most of the day. :confused:

I have laundered, been to Ferd’s, and even remembered to purchase lotto tickets. I bought five quick picks. I expect nuttin’ and I am sure I shall not be disappointed.

Midget glad you had a better day and hope you’re havin’ another one today.

Butters great news about sis!.

ETA: Spidey look! Page 2!

I just got my tickets, there was nobody in line.

Very breezy outside today.

We’re getting ready to go out and do some yard irk.

Nah, I want this.

I would’ve had it but had to find the link, & then irk got in the way. BTW, you should order this, just to be on the safe side.

For those of you with an urge to throw your money away, I am happy to supply you with my Pal Pal [sup]TM[/sup] information. For those who do not use Pay Pal [sup]TM[/sup], I am happy to provide stamped envelopes with my PO Box number.

:D:D

Coconuts migrate by way of unladen swallows.

Went to the dentist this morning. He says I’m all healed up nicely and ready for my implant. He took an impression and it’ll be installed in a couple of weeks.
To celebrate I went to the grockery sto and bought $104 and change worth of groceries.
Petite sirloins were $2.99/lb, so I got 6 dinners worth.
I woulda gotten lottery tickets but there was a line. Maybe later.

Dinner tonight will be steaks and probably N.O.T.

I bought my lottery tickets, too. No line that was out of the ordinary; it’s a busy gas station, so there’s usually one or two people waiting to check out at any given time. I rarely ever play, and only do so when the jackpot is enormous. Got one set where I picked the numbers and 9 quick picks. So I have ten sets…

I spend the rest of my lunch break checking Zillow for how much a 5-bedroom apartment overlooking Central Park costs. That’s my dream; a huge apartment in a gorgeous old building in New York City. For those who are interested, then cheapest were around 9 million. I saw an 8-bedroom penthouse for about 89 million.

So if you never hear from me again, it’s because I either died overnight or I won the lottery and I’m hiding from all the people who want my money… and those who don’t, also. :cool:

Sup has been ingested. ‘Twas good iff’n I do say so myself. I can outcook most any southern granny when I am of a mind. OK, no cakes and pie crusts from scratch, but still.
OYKW stopped and bought tickets on his way home from the same place I did. OK it’s a convenience sto’ close to da cave, so it’s not like it was some kind of strange coincidence. We like that sto’ cause the people that irk there call us darlin’ and hon.

Hubby picked up lotto tix so I didn’t have to. He also brought home stone crabs for supper. We have to cook em which is 8 minutes in boiling water so not too bad.

I made it to the vehicle inspection. Long story short we are going to try to get a new big bus and I gave my van to another activity since I never drive it. It is 16 yrs old and only has 55K miles on it. Two less things for me to worry about.

Thanks for the well wishes for sister Betty. I knew she had this condition but did not know how bad it had gotten. Scary stuff brain surgery. She will be fine though. She was hoping to be turned loose from the horsepistal today but she can’t ride too far yet so they are staying in a local B&B. She said it is beautiful. She lives in South Carolina near Hilton Head. Poor thing. She said she just could not keep taking drugs for the rest of her life. Even a light breeze would set it off. Even her teeth would hurt. It was all on one side of her face. She said the Dr said she will be 100% cured which is a blessing.

Ok I will let you all know when I win that lottery tonight and I will share. I don’t need that much money.

My coworkers and I threw in for the Mega Millions and the Powerball lottery. We used to do it all the time, but when the ticket price went up we quit. But the pots are so high we decided to play this one week. We DO know how slim the chance of winning is, but it’s cheap entertainment.

From Uranus? :smiley:

metal mouse, my dad’s cousin had commodes like that throughout his home in the seventies. He was a plumber and must have liked the style/quality/performance of them.

butters, glad your sis is doing OK. If she does stay in a local B&B for a few days before going home, this is a nice place with some good, many times soft, mostly acoustic music on the weekends. http://www.thecelticcup.com/ I go there to hear friends’ group play.

I took my second gamble of the week: I stopped to vote. :smiley: Saw someone I knew from the dog park and when we got out, gave his pup Gracie a skritch. Everyone in line was in a jovial mood.