the line that defined the movie

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

I’m sorry, I can’t do that Dave.

Don’t call me shirley!

Life is like a box of chocolates.

“All I want to do is watch the god damn world series” - Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

“You cannot die, you are immortal”- Sean Connery as Ramirez in Highlander.

“I am looking for the six fingered man who killed my father. When I find this man I will say Hello…my name is Inigo Montoya. You are the man who killed my father… prepare to die”.- Mandy Patinkin in the Princess Bride.

“I love the smell of napalm in the morning” - Apocolypse Now

“Those aren’t pillows!” - Steve Martin speaking to John Candy in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

“I was born a poor black child” - Steve Martin’s opening line in The Jerk.

“Wow, you are great!”: Willow, after Val Kilmer’s character finally gets his hands on a sword.
“Prepare to fire.” Grand Moff Tarkin, after promising Leia he wouldn’t destroy Aldeberan if she gave the location of the rebel base.
“Everything I told you was true, from a certain point of view.” Obi-Wan the Ghost, TESB
“No, I won’t do it.” Luke, telling the Emperor he won’t kill his father.

Dante: “37. My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!”
Customer: “…in a row?”

• Clerks

“We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high power blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.” “The only thing that worried me was the ether.” “There is nothing in the world more helpless and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge.” “And I knew we would get into that rotten stuff soon enough!” -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (just the absurdity of the drug use and abuse in this movie was amazing)

Never saw the movie, but I’ve just about got the book memorized. I reread it on the plane when I moved out here.

Personally, I think “We were twenty miles outside of Barstowe, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold” summed it up quite nicely.

Just about anything Hudson said at any point in Aliens (“Game over, man, GAME OVER!!!”)

“Are you policemen?”
“No, ma’am, we’re musicians.” - The Blues Brothers

“The problem with Scotland is that it’s FULL OF SCOTS!” - King Edward I in Braveheart

“How are we doing?”
“Same as usual.”
“That bad, huh?” - Han and Luke in Return of the Jedi

I second that. My personal favorite is, “How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?”

And some others…

“I knew it, I’m surrounded by Assholes… keep firing, Assholes!
-Spaceballs

“These floors are dirty as hell, and I’m not gonna take it anymore!”
-UHF

“Who’s that?” “Must be a king.” “Why’s that?” “He ain’t got shit all over 'im.”
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

“And in case I don’t see you… good afternoon, good evening, and good night.”
-The Truman Show (for sentimental reasons)

“Come with me if you want to live.” – Terminator 2

From Dangerous Liasons - “I will merely confine myself to remarking that a ‘no’ will be considered a declaration of war” “Very well, then. War.”

ooooops, forgot:

“Are you trying to seduce me, Mrs. Robinson?” from The Graduate.

From The Blues Brothers:

Elwood: “It’s a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses.”

Jake: “Hit it.”

Again, from The Blues Brothers, and I hope I have this right. But the sentiment is there:

Elwood: “It’s got cop tires, cop shocks, cop suspension, and it was built in the days before catalytic converters so it runs good on regular gas.”

Jake: “Fix the cigarette lighter.”

From Casablanca:

Rick: “If you don’t get on that plane with Victor, you’ll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.”

From The Princess Bride:

Wesley: “Twoo blave.”

From Scent of a Woman “I’m just getting warmed up!”

From A Few Good Men “You can’t handle the truth!”

“Toto, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore.”

“I need me a baby, Hy.”

“It’s alive!”

“I’m gonna call me some pipeswinging niggers to come over here with some pliers and a blowtorch. We’re gonna get medieval on his ass.”

“I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.”

“Ms. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me…arent’ you?”

“What is it, Sam? The stuff that dreams are made of.”

Dr Strangelove[ul]“You can’t fight in here. This is the War Room.”
“I think you’re some sort of deviated prevert”[/ul]Spinal Tap[ul]“This one goes to eleven.”
“Love to stay and chat, but we’ve got to go to the lobby and wait for the limo.”
“You can’t dust for vomit”[/ul]Life of Brian[ul]“Nail 'em up I say. Nail some sense into them.”
"I think it was ‘Blessed are the cheesemakers’ "[/ul]

You ever seen a grown man naked, Joey?
You ever been in a Turkish prison, Joey?
Do you like to hang out at the gym, Joey?
Guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
It’s all right, I speak jive.

The Manchurian Candidate

-SPOILER WARNING-
It’s a tossup between

“Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known
in my life.”

and

Raymond’s mother: “why don’t you pass the time by playing a game of solitaire?”
CHILLS
--END SPOILER–

Henry Fool “They’re throwing bottles at your house. Let’s go break their arms.”

The Usual Suspects “Oswald was a fag.”

Oh im sorry… Did i break your concentration?

I’m an excellent driver.

are you… talking to me?

Why am i Mr. Pink?

Do you know a religious guy named John Paul?

and one of the coolest monologues ive seen… Brad Pitt in 12 Monkeys:
There’s the television. It’s all right there - all right there. Look, listen, kneel, pray. Commercials! We’re not productive anymore. We don’t make things anymore. It’s all automated. What are we for then? We’re consumers, Jim. Yeah. Okay, okay. Buy a lot of stuff, you’re a good citizen. But if you don’t buy a lot of stuff, if you don’t, what are you then, I ask you? What? Mentally ill. Fact, Jim, fact - if you don’t buy things - toilet paper, new cars, computerized yo-yos, electrically-operated sexual devices, servo systems with brain-implanted headphones, screwdrivers with miniature built-in radar devices, voice-activated computers…

and then ofcourse my sig. :slight_smile:

How can this thread continue without the best movie quotes of all… Ace from Army of Darkness!

First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me… blow.
Yo she bitch, lets go.
This is my BOOM stick!
Shop smart, shop S Mart.

From Usual Suspects

The best trick the devil ever played was convincing the world her didn’t exist.
And just like that… “poof”… he was gone.

From Pulp Fiction

Does my house have a sign out front that says Dead Nigger Storage on it?
I gotta pee - hunnybunny

From “From Dust Till Dawn”

I’ve got six little friends, and they can all run faster than you.
Ok ramblers, lets get rambling (also from another Tarantino movie)

There are so many more that I can’t think of or get quite right in my head… If I think of them, I’ll make sure to add em.