The MAD Bonnie-and-Charley Thread

The Floridians have a thread about the approaching tropical storms; here’s ours!

If the storms both stay on track, Bonnie should get to the DC-Balt area tomorrow (Friday), mid to late morning. Then we’ll get a breather before Charley parties down with us on Saturday night.

They’re both supposed to get here by the overland route, so they shouldn’t have a lot of force by the time they arrive. But we can expect a shitload of rain, and lots of wind - heavy by everyday standards, if not by tropical storm standards.

But no reason to expect a repeat of Isabel, thank goodness. Being without power for four days was a real drag.
They blew it by not naming the ‘C’ hurricane Clyde this year.

I guess they figured they had the lame humor thing covered by giving us the opportunity to sing “My Bonnie lies over the ocean…”

:wink:

Well, it’s time to get some milk, bread, eggs and toilet paper. After it clears up Monday, I can make French toast a la Charmin. :wink:

Robin

Hmph. Does anybody care that it’s been so cold in the Twin Cities that I had to wear my winter coat to work this week? In August? I think not. Fine. Have your party thread. See if I care. :rolleyes:

Perhaps if Bonnie and Charley hang round long enough, they can name the “P” one Prince.

Well, we can use the rain - July’s is long gone, and it’s been nearly a fortnight since it’s rained for days upon days down this way. :wink:

Side note: Wasn’t there a Hurricane Bonnie not so long ago? And I remember (or mis-remember, if my brain is screwy) it making landfall too. Isn’t there a NOAA rule about recycling the tags for named storms?

I’ve heard of Indian summer before, but not Indian winter.

Robin