The Name one doper you percieve to be similar. then assertain their true similarity..

…thread.
I have always felt like NoClueBoy was similar to me, if only because of the way he words his posts, and the way he seems to post in the same threads as me.

I could be entirely wrong, but that is what I have percieved.
NoClueBoy, tell me about yourself so that I can know whether you are truly similar to me. your political/religious beliefs, cultural preferences etc…
Who do you [doper reading this] percieve to be similar to you? Ask them about themselves.

One rule: no negativity if the subject differs in any fundemental way. we all respect and understand eachother don’t we.

I realize this is an unusual/weird/ possibly counter-productive idea for a thread so I have nothing against it being closed by a mod.

Spelling mistake in the title. That’s a hamlet moment.

(Ascertain not Assertain)

I don’t know about myself, but I will second the similarities between you and NoClueBoy that you cited, Lobsang.

As for myself, I’m not entirely sure that I have a posting style, so if anybody thinks they are similar to me through my posts, I’ll be greatly surprised, but I’ll tell you what you want to know.

I’ll third it, and add that Bosda resembles the both of you.

I used to find tha t whenever I had something to post in an existing thread Meatros would have already posted something along the lines of what I was going to say. Haven’t seen Meatros around in awhile.

But when I grow up, I want to be just like Eve! :cool:

I think elfkin477 and I have similar taste in music, if nothing else.

I think Cervaise, Ethilrist, Nurse Carmen and I share some similar qualities, 'cept for the fact their posts actually make sense.

matt_mcl says everything I wanted to say in all the gay-rights-themed threads. But he says it much more succinctly, using fewer words and being generally more concise without being over-wordy in how he says the things that he does.

I say Lobsang (oh wait, that’s you!), and Wesley Clark. Not so much that we agree on things, it’s when you write about your life, and the issues that go with it. I see a lot of similarities there.

My posts resemble some of Matchka’s, but that’s because I’m one of the four people who posted under that userID. When we went to “pay for say” nobody else would pony up their $1.24 so I bought Inigo Montoya and haven’t shared the password.

I’m terrible with names unless the name belongs to someone who is habitually hostile toward me. Naturally there’s always someone who’s post could have been your own, but I find this to be the case with different posters depending on the subject at hand.

I find myself in the same threads as saramamalama and she reminds me of myself a few years ago.

I want to be like Candid Gamera and Miller. Does that count?

After the Gettysburg Dopefest, I came to the conclusion that Weirddave and I are quite similar, until you get to the choice of football team. I blame it on the circumstances of his life- if he grew up near here, he would be a loyal Steelers fan. (No offense intended.)

He’s a hell of a lot more intense, however. Talk to him and you’ll see what I mean.

I can’t think of anyone who has a similar posting style (that’s probably a good thing). But I think Kalhoun and I have a lot of similarities. Her posts almost always make me think “that’s exactly what I would’ve said if I were more outspoken.”

Seems to me that MamaTiger and I have quite a bit in common. The threads we post in, the things we think, life circumstances. We may be long-lost sisters or something :smiley: .

I was going to say the same thing about Bibliocat. She likes the same shows I do. (Or maybe, I like the same shows she does.)

Baker and Jeff Olsen like to tell stories, like I do.

Oh,yeah, that reminds me: Baker and I share a lot of kidney-type problems.

< getting out my Voodoo doll > In what fashion? Think carefully … :dubious:

I was thinking the same thing! Except for the few years ago part, but yeah I was thinking how we end up in the same threads, too.

[nitpick]It’s lana, not lama. A lot of that going around lately. :stuck_out_tongue: [/nitpick]

Er… in a good fashion?

It’s Ascertaining! It’s Entertainment! It’s Assertainment!