The Office" "WUPH.COM" (open spoilers)

The prank was the spliced together voice clips that ended up being a one-sided call to Gabe from Joe.

“Now listen hear Gabe. You’re too fat! No one is going to like you if you’re too fat! I made some changes to my book…see if you like them. Now I love reading and hate being interupted…shut up…and listen…you gay bastard! Chapter One…”

Was I the only one expecting that Jim was going to edit it to have Jo tell Gabe that there’s no more commission cap? I was pretty surprised (and I think the joke was better) that it ended up being Gabe having to listen to the entire book.

That was my assumption as well.

Andy seems a lot less gullible about investments than he was in the Dinner Party (when Michael was trying to get Andy and Jim to invest in Jan’s candle’s).

Michael’s inconsistency could be that he deals out different reactions for different people. He apologized to Darryl because he thinks Darryl is cool and he respects Jim and Pam enough to try not to ruin their baby’s christening. OTOH, he does not like Gabe too much. Like Toby, Gabe is a buzzkill.
Possibly, if the party were at Jim’s or at the house of somebody he liked, he wouldn’t have messed with the telly.

Well, back then Andy was in 100% suckup mode, too. If Michael had an idea it would have been obviously brilliant. Both Andy and Dwight seem to have realized that you don’t get ahead by kissing up to someone with no actual power.

-Joe

Me too.

That wouldn’t have done any good since Gabe can’t lift the cap. He could think Jo told him that the cap was removed and tell everyone else the good news but eventually it would be figured out. If accounting submits the sales/hours to corporate before the checks are made, they’d figure it out as soon as they got their first paycheck, otherwise they’d probably figure it out soon after.

Also, I wonder how long before the cap does get lifted. We can only do the “Jim is bored and doesn’t have to work” shtick for so long before it gets annoying.

Well, they only need to let it go to January 1st, and then the cap should be reset.

-Joe

…and now that I think about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s why Dwight spent the day running his ripoff in the parking lot instead of chasing customers…

-Joe

That would still be a minimum of 5 episodes (if they skip Thanksgiving and Christmas week). It would be a fairly old joke by then unless they find something else for Jim to do in the mean time or find a way around it (recording sales for Pam, Michael and Jim switch positions for a few weeks etc).

Remember the early seasons? The ones that people always look back on as being the “good” seasons rather than these “wah wah, shark, wah wah” seasons? Pranking Dwight and mooning over Pam was all that Jim ever did!

-Joe

“Moon over my Pammy
Shine on my love and me…”

But it would get Gabe in alot of trouble with corporate and he’d like insane when he tried to explain to Jo that she was the one who called him and told him the cap was lifted.

Sure, but Jim is a minor dick, not a guy that gets people fired. Making Gabe waste an evening listening to a recording is a bit different than getting him fired over a policy he had nothing to do with.

-Joe

If Jim were to fake a message from Jo to Gabe rescinding the commission cap, Jim is the one who would be fired. Gabe might be as well, but there’s no way that Jim would escape punishment. Making him listen to the audio book is a far more innocuous prank than that.

I just noticed the way that Dwight perked up when Pam said “Lord of the Rings … stuff?”

And Erin: “Everybody was getting their driver’s licenses.”

Watching the last two episodes again, I find myself enjoying Kelly’s lines the most. I almost think I’m going to miss her more than Mchael next season.

Well, they’d have to trace it back to Jim to fire him. Of course since Jim set all of this up on his office computer that shouldn’t be too hard. :smack: