I know the season doesn’t begin until tomorrow night, but there’s things to do and I thought people might like a chance to look at and maybe comment on the changes to the list beforehand.
First thing first. We have answers!
Allow me to explain. Over the summer, they had that Lost Experience game. I was not playing myself but I was aware of it. Aparently as the game progressed you got bits and pieces of a new film. The completed file answes some questions on the list, specifically question 25 (What do the numbers mean?) and question 28 (Who set up the original transmission?).
Personally, I don’t think these answers are all that important and probably aren’t necessary for watching the show. I also think they will eventially be revealed on the show. For these reason I’m not going to put the answers here - some people may consider them spoilers. However, I will link to the youtube video of the film. Check it out if you want, or wait for the explanations in the show. It’s your choice.
Finally, we have the list. I haven’t changed it too much. But I have rewritten a few key questions ever so slightly. The important part is the addition of the “What We Know” section which allows us to talk about the clues which may point to an answer to a specific question. It also helps clarify questions when people may not remember where it came from. Additions, corrections and comments on this section are welcome, but let’s not go crazy. It is simply meant to clarify the list, not as a place to put every idea or crazy theory.
Because of this section, I felt that we no longer needed a “Partially Answered” tag.
Here we go:
- Why did the plane lose radio contact?
- What is the big monster?
- What is powering all the electronic equipment on the island?
- Who are/were Adam and Eve?
- What’s the deal with the black and white rocks that were found with Adam and Eve?
- What exactly was the nature of Locke’s paralysis?
- Why wasn’t Jack’s Dad in the coffin?
- How did the 48 people (initially) survive the plane crash? Was it just luck?
- Did Locke actually see the monster? And if he did, why is he still alive?
- What cured Locke and Rose (and possibly Jin)?
- Who are the “Others”, and is there more than one group of “Others”?
- Why did Danielle kill the other members of her team (or at least Robert)?
- Why did Sayid say that Nadia was dead?
- What was the scientific mission of Danielle’s team and why did they need rifles?
- Was Claire’s psychic legitimate, and if so, what did he see in his vision?
- How do the Others decide who to take?
- What is the significance of Claire’s baby?
- How did Hugo get the nickname “Hurley”?
- In what way is Hurley known as a warrior?
- What is the nature of Walt’s “special abilities”?
- What is the significance of the song “La Mer”?
- What is the nature of the islands unusual magnetic properties?
- Who sealed the hach and why?
- Why was Jin hand-delivering watches for Sun’s dad?
- What do the numbers mean? ANSWERED
- Is Hurley (still) cursed?
- Who set up the original transmission? ANSWERED
- Who sent Kate the letter about her mom?
- What is the significance of the black smoke?
- Why did the Others want with Walt?
- What became of Alex? Is that her with the Others?
- How did The Black Rock (the ship) get so far inland?
- What were the keys that Brendon took, and why did he take them?
- How did Martin loose his arm?
- Did Walt try and communicate with Shannon and if so, how?
- What did Desmond inject himself with?
- Were Michael, Kate and Locke all in accidents with the same car, and if so, why?
- Why haven’t they sent a replacement?
- How did the Nigerian drug smuggling plane get on the island?
- Why are there blast doors on the corridors leading to the geodesic dome?
- Why aren’t people supposed to use the computers for communication?
- What exactly was the “incident?”
- Why was the “Orientation” film cut up and pieces of it put in seperate places?
- Why was Sayid on the television in the army recruiting station?
- Whose glass eye was in the second Dharma station and why did they leave it there?
- What is the cause of the whispering?
- Why did the blast doors close?
- Was the real Henry Gale traveling with anyone, and if not, who burried him?
- Why did Alex help Claire escape?
- What is the significance of the foot?
- Why did the Others release Walt after going to such trouble to get him?
- Why couldn’t Desmond sail away and why wouldn’t Michael be able to return without the proper coordinates for rescue?
- Was Libby working for the Dharma Project/the Others?
- What was the “room” that the Others threatened Walt with?
- Why do the Others want Kate, Sawyer and Jack?
What we know:
Question 2: What we’ve seen of it is a black smoke entity.
Question 3: There has been talk of a geothermal energy source under the hatch, but it hasn’t been addressed lately. If that is the case, it leavs us with the question of what the cable running into the sea is for.
Question 12: Danielle believed that her crew were infected with some kind of sickness. What the sickness is and if it’s real remains to be seen. However, some kind of infection can also be inferred from Desmond’s injections and the “Quarentine” on the hatch.
Question 15: At the time of Ecko’s flashback in “?” the psychic considered himself a fake.
Question 23: Dharma presumably sealed the hatch and Put “Quarentine” on it. Seemingly more evidence for a disease of some kind, but currently unconfirmed an unexplained.
Questions 34 amd 35: These refer to Danielle’s time on the island prior to the arrival of flight 815.
Question 37: Presumably something to protect himself from the disease he believed that he had been exposed to on the surface. See other questions regarding the island’s mysterious illness.
Question 41: The blast door seal the computer room durring a “lockdown”, likely related to the arrival of food shipment.
Question 44: Kelvin mentioned that his predessor made some “edits” to the original film.
Question 48: See above regarding question 41. This may or may not be the same as question 41.
As usual, this is a work in progress. For instance, I’m considering collapsing the various questions about the “sickness” into one, but no decision has been made. Your comments are welcome.
Finally - Lost starts tomorrow night! Woo-Hoo!