The Percussion Section Strikes Back!

In the spirit, if not the forum, of the Percussion Recognition thread, I though that I would mention this story:

It happened that a certain man won Powerball. Immediately deciding to spend a portion of his gains on relaxation, he flew to a Carribean island for an overdue vacation. As the plane landed and shut down its engines, he heard a throbbing through the fuselage. Curious, he asked one of flight attendants, “What’s that sound?” She replied, “The drums. Drums stop, very bad”.

Emerging from the plane, he now heard the sounds of the drums clearly. Getting into the taxi that would take him to his hotel, he could still hear them. Speaking to the taxi driver, he asked, “Do those drums ever stop?” The taxi driver shook his head and responded, “Drums stop, very bad”.

Reaching the hotel, the man got out and went into the lobby, where he could still hear the rhythm of the drums. At the front desk, the clerk handed him his room key, and the lottery winner inquired, “I can still hear those drums; don’t they ever stop?” The desk clerk shook his head and said, “Drums stop, very bad.”

Although the room was comfortable and well-appointed, the tourist was unable to sleep that night as the drums continued to pound. The next morning, bleary-eyed, he staggered down to the front desk, where the manager was now on duty. At the desk he complained, “Listen, I couldn’t sleep because those drums were playing all night. Don’t they ever stop?”

The manager shook his head and said, “Drums stop, very bad. Then, bass solo begins”.

“Kings die, and leave their crowns to their sons. Shmuel HaKatan took all the treasures in the world, and went away.”

My guitar player husband told me that joke. I liked it.

The error message you get when you click on the pretty blue letters is a funny read, too. :slight_smile:

Q: How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: 10,000,001. One to do it and the rest to say “I can top that…”

This from a former guitarist (Hey! where did all that ego go???)

Q: How many lead vocalists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: None. The singer holds the bulb and the world revolves around him.

Q: What do you call a guy that hangs out with musicians?
A: A drummer. (Yes, I’m a guitarist)

“There are many sweeping generalizations that are always true” -Space Ghost

How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?

Five. One to change the bulb, and four to stand around debating how much better Neil Peart could have done it.

It’s a long way to heaven, but only three short steps to hell.

I started one of these already (even if pretty much inadvertently):

http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000206.html

I had a friend who learned how to play drums by playing along with the 2112 album. By the time we were high school seniors, he * hated * Neal Peart, thought he was a boring drummer and had little more than contempt for most popular drummers.

With an ego like that, you may have guessed what happened. The last time I saw him, he was playing guitar.

Q: What do you call a musician without a girlfriend?

A: Homeless.

Hubby told me this one, a week after I allowed him and his gear to move in with me. Laughed so hard I cried.

Well darn. Next time I’ll check the links first. Metroshane already told my joke. Sorry. :slight_smile:

Rebuilding my brain, one small clue at a time.