The pumpkin spice (bleck!) MMP [Old]

I still have a pair of 4 inch strappy fuck-me heels that I just can’t give up. Every time I run across them I marvel at how well I could strut my stuff with them. I can still remember the glorious sound of that guy walking into a lamppost while turning around to watch me walk by.

Oh, I want some now, but we are eating out of our freezer for a while and there are no kielbasas hiding out in there.

Our freezer is too big, he buys meat when it’s on sale and I fill the rest of it up with cooked food because I am so lazy that I always cook extra and process veggies and fruits to store for later. After a while, we forget what’s in there and only look at the top layer.

For example, I pre-cook breakfast stuff so Hubs can nuke a plate instead leaving dirty pans in the sink for me to deal with when I get up. Today I started to cut up stuff for mini-frittatas and then thought that making a dozen was a waste of time, so two dozen ended up in the oven by the time I was done.

Half of which ended up in the freezer so they don’t go off before he finishes them.

Le sigh.

Damn. I just reported that post in the hopes that one of our friendly Mods will have time to remove the post or make a note that the link is borked.

It looks like the squad was back again last night and they have been digging around the bushes for water, I think, because they don’t seem to be interested in eating the plants or roots. Or maybe they just like hearing VBC yell at them, who knows?

Do you have a cheese grater and some parchment paper for your baking sheets? If so, procure some nice sharp cheese (parm or sharp cheddar works well) and grate it into soft pillowy piles.

Space two tablespoon sized piles about two inches apart on the parchment covered baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 400F for about 7 minutes. Check often and turn the pans every couple of minutes.

Pull them out when they are evenly browned and let them cool for five minutes or so before putting them on a paper towel covered plate to finish drying and cooling.

Do this a couple of times and you will never look at Cheese Balls the same again.

So, today was beautiful and full of sloth. Much of my day was spent on the back porch, but I also made sure to fire up the laptop and let it start updating because Diablo 4 will be doing a new thing in a couple of days and I will want to play around with it in the evenings. Of course my desktop is up to date, but the evenings are so nice that I’ll want to be outside.

Yesterday I posted something about my 4 o’clocks opening during the darkest time of the eclipse on Nextdoor and was amazed by the flood of seed requests that ensued. Of course I gathered up a pint jar of seeds just by shaking the plants, but it really surprised me that folks didn’t know they could grow night blooming plants so easily. The local bats are going to be so happy next year!