The smell of gasoline: love it or hate it?

I love it. Probably too much, but I try not to overindulge.

Wow, I thought I was the only one.

I used to, but the newer oxygenated gasolines just don’t smell as good.

Love it.

When I was a child, I thought the gas station attendant washed the windshield with gas, since I could smell gas when he/she was washing the windshield. :smack:

I love it - it reminds me of being out on the lake on boats and jet-skiing.

prefer deisel myself…takes me back to drum corps…

Hate hate hate it. Makes me feel sick.

I like it when it’s faint. When it gets strong, it quickly becomes unpleasant. Then comes the raging headache.

I also like the exhaust smell of a lawnmower.

Love it, if those are my only two options. I’d go more with “like it,” or find it pleasant rather than repulsive, when I catch a whiff.

But I’ve never stuck my face over a vat of it, or inserted the nozzle of a gas canister into my nostril and taken a deep snort, both of which I understand may have some secondary effects…

When I’ve just come back from a few days in Rotorua (city in a geothermal area, lots of sulphur pools and geysers), the smell of petrol seems to remind me of Rotorua’s suplhur smell. So it reminds me of very cool stuff. After a while, that wears off, though. I usually don’t notice the smell of petrol more than anything else.

I spent about 5 years re-fueling aircraft of all sizes.

For 40 hours a week, I was exposed to avgas (hi octane leaded gasoline) and jet fuel (essentially diesel fuel).

I neither like nor dislike the smell. It is just another chemical smell.

Long term exposure to these fuels doesn’t seem to

Despite the frequency that I was

Studies show that I might have a decreased

What was I saying?

Love it.

I like it okay, but I used to LOVE the smell of leaded gas. MMM-mmmm. Almost as good as the smell of mimeograph copies or Jiffy markers. :smiley:

I prefer napalm (ooh – in the morning, to DIE for, literally :stuck_out_tongue: ), but I’ll settle for gas.

I guess I like it, my local 7-11 offers me a twofer. It’s a gas station with ashtrays on top of the trash cans. The cigarette smoke gives me a tingly feeling. That, I hate.

Love it, but only for 20 minutes. Seriously, after that I start to get sick of it.

sometimes it doesn’t smell too bad, sometimes it makes me sick.

I like it. My dad worked on cars as a mechanic both professionally and as a hobby, and to this day I associate gasoline and garage smells with him and my childhood ( and the better parts of it at that ).

Mmmmmmm … solvents …

Bleach hmmmmm now there is a smell I love and that weird purple stuff that school newsletters were printed with before photocopying mmmmm.

Petrol not so much, but I identify with your liking sniffing chemicals.