The tell someone you love them MMP

I don’t see another one, so here’s the shiny new MMP.
Right now I am full of warm fuzzy good feelings for all my friends & family (that includes you guys!) I got so much love for my Birthday & I just wanted to spread it. Thanks for all the well wishes, I had a lot of fun this weekend!!
So, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to reach out. Hug someone you love. Make that phone call you’ve been putting off. Write somone you care about long distance a letter. You’ll be glad you did.

LOVE YA!!!

Happy belated birthday, Pearl, sorry that I missed it!!

Happy Monday to everyone - Hope that you all have a great day. :slight_smile:

Oh, Happy post-Birthday, Pearl!

Today is Father’s Day in several countries, including Spain, so

¡FELICIDADES, PAPÁ!

The reason is Father’s Day is that it’s the feast of St Joseph. It’s also the day on which Valencia’s Fallas are burnt down, and it used to be a national holiday (as in “everybody has a holiday except for emergency personnel, fourth shift and food workers”, not the American definition) but now it’s not, since we’re trying to be more secular than the French :stuck_out_tongue: My aunt said she’s met people who don’t know why do we get holidays on Easter… not because they think we shouldn’t have holidays which are religious, but they hadn’t made the connection between “processions all over the country” and “holidays”. The notion that the processions had been invented before vacationing at the beach was had totally escaped them.

Today also marks the 130th anniversary of the start of the Sagrada Familia, I had Mass there yesterday and took pics but haven’t had time to post them up. Since today isn’t a holiday, the celebration took place yesterday; there was a procession at 4pm followed by Mass at the Basilic (normally they’re in the Crypt).

Last Friday some of my British guildmates were talking about whether this weekend was Mother’s Day. Guildies from half a dozen other countries informed them that Mother’s Day is the first Sunday in May. It took a while for the Brits to register that “it changes by country”, a couple of them needed to get it explained slowly. It’s not about being Brit, it’s that those two are a bit dim, and moreso after 7pm on a Friday…

Blurf.

OMG, it’s Monday!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Nava, fortunately not all Brits are dim like your guildies - I managed to work out it was Mothering Sunday yesterday and even though I wasn’t seeing my mum, I got her a card and some pressies which were delivered a week early. How’s that for forward planning?

In other news, blurf! It’s Monday, I’m at irk and my co-irker is off sick today. That means I’m in charge so the guest speakers today had better be on their best behaviour otherwise that pointy stick is coming out.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 59 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of around 88. Near Summer weather.

Tonight is men’s night at the church house. Thus, I have steaks marinatin’ and beer chillin’. Always a good time.

Oh and I suppose I should do the obligatory, I Love You Guys!. :smiley:

Now I shall seek more caffiene and some breddie for rumbly tummy. Then, alas, irk purtification must commence. Rah.

Happy Monday or Father’s Day Y’all!

<snerk> :stuck_out_tongue:

To quote a line from Steel Magnolias: You know I love ya more than my luggage!!! :smiley:

And good morning. I’m really glad no one waited for me to start things today since I had one of *those *nights and I didn’t wake up for real till 7:30-ish. I still feel like warmed-over roadkill, but I think I’ll survive the day. Maybe.

Mother’s Day is the second Sunday in May. Father’s Day is the third Sunday in June. That means all across the country, mommies get sticky, glitter-covered creations that their kids made in art class while daddies are pretty much ignored because summer vacation had begun. Poor daddies…

Busy day ahead here - tons of laundry, a pile of dishes from last night that I couldn’t be bothered to deal with, and by golly, I will get that grass seed down today!!! I’ve also got to call FCD’s surgeon’s office about a bill we just got and also about some meds they prescribed that are not available. I’ll wait till a little later, since Monday morning at most medical practices are typical insane anyway. I just finished a bowl of cereal and I need to do a little caffeinating. And I have a hankerin’ for a donut. I foresee a loooooooooong day ahead.

Happy Last Day of Winter (according to the calendar)!!!

:smiley:

I know I have been around much these last few months.

Things have been really hard, with my husband being far away and getting ready to move and all.

This MMP is so true, though. My father may not last the day, and I wanted to reach out to my “imaginary” friends. When I saw the MMP title, I thought it was fate, and I don’t even believe in fate.

Up, caffeinated, off to irk. I hugged 190lbs of assorted dogs in honor of the OP.

{{{Soapy}}}

{{{Soapy}}}

{{{MMP}}}

{{{Soapy}}} Not a day goes by that I don’t miss my dad.

In other news, it’s Monday. I’m not blurfy though. Just kinda quiet. Does telling my horse (Bob teh Wonder Pony) count? Cuz he’s my bestest love.

Sweet idea for a thread. I love all you Dopers, even the ones I disagree with(you keep me on my toes).

Now that I’ve had my coffee, I love everyone.

Funny image from this morning: Mysterio el Malo Gato was trying to shove his head through the blinds in the living room because he wants to Look Outside. I opened the blinds and he stood in the middle of the room and meowed his thanks at me.

{{{{{{{{{{{Soapy}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{Soapy}}}}}

I’m so sorry. You are in my thoughts.

And to the rest of you lot, along with our Soapy; ya knows I luffs you, right?

I tried to kiss the cop down at 34th and Vine -------- it didn’t go well. :smiley:

But as a non-native Pittsburgher ----- I love yinz guys n’nat!

**{{{{{Soapy}}}}

{{{{Harvey}}}}

:gropes: for the rest of y’all.

And a goose for Rosie

I’ve just never had such an impossible day.

:eek::smiley:

I actually do love you guys, nothing obligatory about it. The only thing missing is being able to see all y’all face to face - I’ll have to settle for facebook pics.

{{{{Soapy}}}}

{{{{Harvey}}}}

{{{{everyone}}}}