The Trump Administration: A Clusterfuck in the Making Part Deux (Part 1)

IOKIARI

I’m sure I don’t have to explain that one.

I think the mods have turned off some features now, to help the transition. I’m just testing as well.
This is the thread I leave open 24/7/365 so. Thanks ThelmaLou

I’m really hoping for a massive voter landslide against trnup…to avoid any chance of vote counting troubles.

Damn, I almost feel sorry for the guy. Almost.

He looks like a groundhog who just poked his head out of his hole and realized there’s not going to be four more years of being President.

That’s funny. :smiley:

uhhhh, I’m drawing a blank on that, and googling didn’t help.

But I don’t feel quite as dumb, because I just figured out how to quote people! Yay!

It’s OK If A Republican Does It

Oh, right, I’ve seen that before. I think getting used to the new forum and being Monday has me a little muddled.

So. At the poorly attended Loser Rally, Trump said the following:

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases,” Trump said. “So I said to my people, `Slow the testing down, please.’ They test and they test.”

We are now being told that this was a joke. He was making a funny.
Peter Navarro said Sunday that it was “tongue in cheek.”

Or maybe it was caused by frustration: Chad Wolf said that Trump’s call to slow down testing was in “frustration” over media coverage.

Or perhaps it just makes sense that slowing testing down will result in fewer cases of the disease actually occuring: White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany justified Trump’s logic last week as “logical.”

Personally, I would say that joking about a pandemic that has killed over 120,000 Americans and is still killing them (with increasing case numbers in dozens of states) is not really a joke.

I’d also say that if a president is “frustrated” with the media, then making a stupid statement is probably not a good idea.

Finally, I’d say that Kayleigh McEnany is just another in a long line of embarrassing press secretaries that need to spew completely embarrassing crap to please their thin-skinned boss.

When you always have to tell people you are joking, you suck at humor.

It wasn’t even an attempt at humor (I don’t think), it was a lame attempt to explain away another incredibly stupid comment, like when trump said he was being sarcastic about injecting bleach and shining light into the lungs in order to disinfect oneself from Covid.

EDIT: That’s weird, I quoted Mickyfinn and the quote initially appeared, then disappeared. Does the quote not show if your post is immediately following the person you’re quoting?

Trump explains his walk on the not so wild side.

Now THAT was funny!

I think if you quote the whole post and it’s the one immediately before, it deletes the quote.

In my head, I refer to McEnany as “Flack Barbie”.

Naw, he forgot to put the “D” in at the end.

Euphonious_Polemic meant to type “IOKIARDI”, but actually typed “IOKIARI”. Had me confused, too. I thought maybe there was a new one I hadn’t come across.

I’m going with Stick-Figure Goebbels.

I don’t think he is supposed to salute since he is not wearing a uniform.

I used to look like that coming home in the wee hours. :slight_smile:

Ummmm… It was a JOKE! Ya, that’s the ticket. Or I was just frustrated at the media.