The Trump Administration: A Clusterfuck in the Making Part Deux (Part 1)

We also need to make the internet operate in the public interest. It ought to be regulated like the airwaves and utility companies.

I agree that voting rights protection and the expansion of freer, more convenient elections will be an issue where the SC will be shooting cover for the GOP for decades. However, their impact will be limited mostly to enforcing state laws and good Dem legislation will continue to attract voters who see the value of said legislation to a healthy democracy. In the long run, Republicans will lose on these issues in more and more states when voters see their egregious attempts to limit rights for the evils that they are.

Hey, I was agreeing with you, and just playing along.

I take your point though, that unlike other institutions that trump has caused people to mistrust, government agencies have actually been damaged by the trump admin to the point they in actuality can’t be fully trusted anymore. The CDC being a big recent case in point.

I presume you’re talking about the censorship being done by Twitter when they decided that the NY Post story would not be promulgated on their platform, and that they would not make their platform available to users who refuse to comply with Twitter‘s Terms of Service.

This type of censorship (if you insist on characterizing it with that loaded term) IS okay. If they failed to exercise their power to do it BECAUSE it benefits Democrats, THAT’S something that would be “not good.”

Trump would looove that assuming he is reelected

Paging Dr. Schroedinger. Paging Dr. Irwin Schroedinger.

ETA: And if you see Dr. Heisenberg, please bring him along.

I don’t know about that.

Maybe some internet companies need to be regulated, as they become big and powerful enough to be essentially utilities. Some regulation to ensure accessible and affordable broadband could be of use as well.

But I don’t think that I want the FCC regulating what I can and cannot say on the internet.

Maybe, but Twitter and Facebook are certainly not essential.

This is true. I never use twitter, and I only use facebook for games.

But, Google and Amazon, not just their most known services, but all the other things that they have going on, pretty much are.

Google pretty much owns the online advertising market, and Amazon, with AWS, pretty much owns the web services market.

I can’t remember if it was this thread where people prognosticated that Trump would see it as a “win” if his ratings were higher, but… I’ll just leave this here.

I hope this means that people are finally getting tired of Donnie’s shtick. I mean, you’ve seen one trump performance, you’ve seen them all. Been there, done that, ate both the hat and t-shirt. He needs new material, like maybe footage of him leaving the WH and never coming back. I guarantee great ratings for that one. Wait–

:bulb:

<Light bulb over my head!>

Maybe someone close to Donnie can put this bee in his bonnet combover: if he goes on TV and resigns, he will achieve the greatest TV ratings in the history of TV! Greater than LBJ’s resignation. Greater than Nixon’s. Every TV in the world will be tuned into him that night for that one event!

Frankly, he is shallow and egotistical enough to be seriously tempted by the prospect.

I don’t understand quite why it is easier to get the number of people that watched on TV vs internet.

I have watched twitch streams, and they have a real time count of all the viewers. It seems that it should be far easier and more accurate than TV.

Is Trump stupidly dishonest, or dishonestly stupid?
What a conundrum.

How about the Nobel committee promises him the Peace Prize if he resigns, and then after he does, stiffs him.

That’s what he would do.

Bette Midler tweeted that the woman who said Individual 1 has a beautiful smile will benefit from a Biden Presidency, because she’ll get better vision care.

I saw Dr. Heisenberg, but I don’t know where he’s going.

or

I know where Dr. Heisenberg is going, but I don’t know where he is.

There’s that projection booth again.

Trump called Joe Biden, the head of an “organized crime family” with Hunter Biden following around his famous father to “vacuum” millions of dollars to enrich the family.

The Republican Governor of Maryland has cast his ballot…for Ronald Reagan.

“The country’s greatest living Republican!”