The Trump Administration: A Clusterfuck in the Making Part Deux (Part 1)

I love how they can’t even figure out what their convention is supposed to be like during a pandemic, but they expect everyone to believe they can run the country during a pandemic.

:roll_eyes:

Chaos is easy. It’s the organizing part they can’t handle.

Yep. He was great in this. But his best role was Jimmy James.

I see both positives and negatives. The upside is that they might be holding it in private because they’re worried about Lincoln Project Republicans fucking up the appearances of party unity - that’s a great sign.

The flip side is that it’s going to force what’s left of the Trump party to double or triple down on authoritarianism.

One thing I admonished republicans and conservatives who would listen some time ago is that authoritarian republicans won’t just see democrats and liberals as the enemy; they’ll turn on conservatives, too. Anyone who’s not in the cult will become an enemy.

Trump chides coronavirus task force coordinator Deborah Birx after blunt assessment

…“What we’re seeing today is different from March and April,” [Deborah] Birx, the physician overseeing the White House response, said Sunday on CNN. “It is extraordinarily widespread.”

During the same interview Birx defended herself after [Speaker aPelosi said that she lacks confidence in Birx and the task force.

Trump’s tweet was aimed at Birx and the House speaker: “So Crazy Nancy Pelosi said horrible things about Dr. Deborah Birx, going after her because she was too positive on the very good job we are doing on combatting the China Virus, including Vaccines & Therapeutics,” Trump tweeted. “In order to counter Nancy, Deborah took the bait & hit us. Pathetic!”

Well, he’s right about the pathetic part anyway. He is utterly and thoroughly pathetic. And Crazy Nancy just keeps bein’ mean to him!

Yeah, them “Vaccines & Therapeutics”-- gimme some o’ them right now!

Yet it seems they think that Antifa is a hierarchically organized group of anarchists.

I love how the Presidolt pretends he actually has something to with vaccine research.

No, the Mupppets. Don’t see Dr. Teeth anywhere in the video, just a bunch of furry critters being shot at by drunk hunters.

Two weeks.

And he can’t seem to figure out whose side he’s on. He’s pissed at Pelosi for not being nice to Birx, and he’s pissed at Birx for not being nice to him.

He’s only on one side: his own. And everybody else is mean to him!

Neither Republican nor Democrat, it’s the Party of ME!

If only that last were true. He’s still got that immutable 35%.

If only that last were true. He’s still got that immutable 35%.

Wondering if that were always true. Trying to understand our history as we lurch forward, would it make more sense if I just always assumed that around 35% of us are and always have been bass-ackward knuckle walking Trogs who go bat-shit pizza at any hint of progress and change?

No matter how hard they try, someone is going to get footage of that “private” party. I remember a conservative event some years past where, if I recall, one of the catering staff filmed some speakers “saying the quiet parts out loud”.

Yep.

They call the “enemy” Republicans “RINOs” and do whatever they can to discredit them. They’ve been doing it for year, in fact, and it’s only going to get worse.

I sometimes wonder if fascists are incapable of understanding any except a ridged hierarchy.

It’s probably closer to the [quote=“elucidator, post:1783, topic:911083”]
Trying to understand our history as we lurch forward, would it make more sense if I just always assumed that around 35% of us are and always have been bass-ackward knuckle walking Trogs who go bat-shit pizza at any hint of progress and change?
[/quote]

It’s probably closer to the truth than we’d like to believe

Longer than a year. It was a battle cry of the Tea Party.

Well good on him then. He’s getting rid of the two-party system. MAGA!

Somehow, I bet this gets a little more attention now than it did, say, a year ago.

America’s not in a good mood now. People are unemployed, broke, pissed, and looking for someone to take their frustrations out on. I won’t predict impeachment or conviction and I’m sure Cy Vance isn’t that naive to believe it’ll lead to that now, but I’m guessing he sees this as an opportunity to remind people that Trump is a scam artist and that the teeming masses who’ve been infected with COVID and millions of others who’ve lost their jobs and small businesses are getting scammed right now as we speak/read.

Just so no one misses it: