The Ugliest/Funniest Looking Cars You Have Ever Seen!

Well, they’re not so much ugly as they are funny lookin’. Funnier than most, even.

The skoda Rooster is pretty ugly. Looks like two halves of two different vehicles owing to the difference in size and shape of front vs rear windows.

I drove one for a couple of years, immensely practical family vehicle with lots of load space and comfort for its size, but not a pretty car.

The Leata Cabalero, the most beautiful car ever produced in Post Falls, Idaho.
To be fair, I’ve never seen one in person. Judging by the pictures, I don’t want to.

I don’t know if this really counts, because it’s a small commercial van, rather than a car.

Sounds like a small commercial mollusk.

It’s Nissan’s tribute to the Citroën 2CV.

Looks like a car from a cartoon.

Oh Dear! I had the same reaction to this car as people in those YouTube clips where they show a monster to some sucker watching a kitten video.:eek:

Is it *supposed *to remind you of a snail? :wink:

Finally, something one can point to and say “Wow, look at that S-Car go!” (It’s an old joke my father used to tell.)

My personal choice is the 2016 Lexus line, which has the ugliest grills (for any mainstream car at least) since the Edsel.

I hope that refers to its looks, not its performance.

That grill reminds me of an illustration by Bob Clarke in an article in *Mad * in the 60s, about boating. Specifically, the “Cross-section of power boat engine.” (I prefer the “Happy-section.”) :smiley:

After 40 years of seeing 5mph bumpers on the roads, I thought grille designs like the Lexus’ were a breath of fresh air. No accounting for taste. :slight_smile:

I’m going to make another argument for the Cube here.

I can see why people would think the Gremlin or that Fiat thing are uglier. However, one must consider context. The Gremlin was made in the 70s, when lots and lots of cars were really ugly. The Fiat is made by Fiat, who make many ugly cars.

But the Cube is a modern car, made by Nissan. I mean, I just cannot for the life of me understand how it is someone could walk into a Nissan dealer, and look around, and see perfectly nice looking cars for every size and purpose, and buy a Cube. Need a small sedan? Here’s an Altima. Need a big three-row SUV? Try the Pathfinder. Oh, an economy model? The Versa hatchback is nice. They have trucks. They have sports cars.

But somehow people were walking in, walking past all those perfectly lovely Maximas, Muranos and hell, even the little electric Leaf, and saying “Thank you sir, for showing me these fine automobiles, but what I’m really looking for is something that has the aerodynamic properties of a shipping container and is so hideously, comically ugly it hurts people’s feelings. Really, what I’m looking for is something like what Homer Simpson designed, but less practical. Oh, and make sure it’s got a really small engine so I can’t get away from the people laughing at me.”

If you bought a Pacer, I can understand that. Cars then sucked. Everything was brown. People wore suits with big lapels. Whaddya gonna do. But today you can buy beautiful cars for incredibly affordable prices. There is no excuse for the Cube.

I just saw one of these on the road today. It’s all … lumpy, like it has a skin condition – or yeah, a bunch of raised bruises from a fight. I vote for it as the ugliest new car I know of.

I just want to say that this line really made me laugh.

Sir Vival, hands down.

see, the thing is, the boxy “cube” aesthetic is a desirable design theme in Japan. All of the Japanese automakers have several cube-like vehicles in their domestic line-ups. Honda has the VAMOS, N-Box, STEPWGN, and the ACTY van. Toyota has the Alphard, Vellfire, Voxy, and Noah, along with the bB (which was sold here as the Scion xB.) In addition to the Cube, Nissan sells the Dayz, Moco, Cliipper, and the Elgrand and Serena minivans. Mitsubishi has the Delica-D and eK series.

I looked those cars up. The Cube is uglier.

It should also be noted later model Cubes came with Cube Pubes. (That was perhaps not the official term of art.) It was a round patch of shag carpet put on the dashboard for style. I swear I am not making that up. Why was it there? No one knows.

Maybe it was supposed to look like a soul patch? Something common in its target market at the time.