There was an old man of Nantucket ...

The Man from Nantucket article, here

Why, oh why, Cecil, did you censor the word “suck,” but not the word “d0ng?”

Rule of Funny?

So that it would rhyme with #&@?!

There are three kinds of limericks:

[ol]
[li]Limericks that can be told with women present[/li][li]Limericks that can be told in a male only company, but with priests present[/li][li]Limericks[/li][/ol]

For the record:

The wife tells her husband, “I just heard a limerick that was so dirty that I can’t bear to repeat it to anyone.”

The husband says, “Oh come on. We’re husband and wife, for goodness sake. You can tell it to me, can’t you?”

Wife: “Not even you. It’s too dirty.”

Husband: “I don’t believe this. Well, just bleep out the worst parts, and tell me the rest of it.”

Wife: "Well… okay.

‘Bleepity bleepity bleep,
Bleepity bleepity bleep.
Bleepity bleep,
Bleepity bleep,
Bleepity bleepity fuck.’"

Well I had to register on this forum just to post my answer to this… My friend lives on Cape Cod and I’ve asked many people who live there about this limerick during my numerous visits there (it’s a fun way to pass the time in the pub :slight_smile: I’ve even visited Nantucket (although they were all a little snooty there so I was a bit hesitant to ask anybody) I had better luck up in Provincetown on the tip of the Cape where my friend lives. The majority said the limerick THEY knew went something like this:

There once was a girl from Nantucket
Whose c*nt was as big as a bucket
blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah “something that rhymes with bucket”

Obviously I only remember the first two lines and I forget the rest (did I mention I asked people while I was in pubs??? lol) But they all pretty much said the same thing… (girl, c*nt, bucket) Oh, I remember! It WAS something like, um, I don’t want to get too graphic here either but - if the man wanted she could suck it. That was the last line!