to anyone who is interested.... [RIP Polycarp]

Hi, everyone. This is “Mrs. Carp” (Polycarp’s wife).I thought some of those he was close to might like to know, he passed away at WakeMed Hospital at 5:50 (est)this evening after a prolonged, unknown illness. He was taken to t he emergency room at approximately 7:45 Sunday evening and never regained consciousness. They put him on life support, and at my request, pulled the plug at 3:15 this afternoon.

If anyone would like more information we are listed under David Wilbur in Zebulon, NC.

I remember Polycarp well. A great poster, a great asset to this board. I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. Godspeed, Polycarp.

That is very sad news indeed. He was a very valued member of this message board and will be sorely missed.

My sympathies to his family.

Oh no. Please accept my condolences. Polycarp was always one of my favorite posters here and he will be sorely missed.

Oh, no. I’m so sorry.

**Polycarp **was a well respected poster here, and I know many, including myself, are going to be shocked and grieving his death. Thank you so much for letting us know.

I wish I had words of comfort, but I don’t, so I’ll stick with that. I’m sorry, and thank you.

I’m sorry for your loss. Condolences to your family.

Sorry to hear that, a valuable poster and a nice guy, even if we did clash on the subject of religion from time to time!

I’m so sorry.

I’m so sorry, Mrs. Carp. Thank you for letting us know.

My heartfelt condolences to you all.

I’m so very sorry. I send you my most sincere condolences.

I see that he was just shy of his 65th birthday. Too young. My condolences to his family.

I am so, so very sorry for your loss. As others have already mentioned, I found Polycarp to be an interesting, informed, and valuable contributor to this board. My condolences.

My sincere condolences. He will certainly be missed around here.

Very sorry to hear that. Polycarp was one of my favorite posters. He was knowledgeable about so many things, as well as a genuinely nice person.

So sorry Mrs. Carp :frowning:

As others have noted he was very highly thought of and I for one will miss him.

I’m so sorry. I remember him from way back. Thank you so much for letting us know.

I am so sorry for your loss. Like many others here, I liked and respected Polycarp. He was a voice of reason, kindness, and understanding, and he will be sorely missed.

Terrible news. I am so sorry.

I am so sorry to hear this. He was one of those very few prolific posters who was universally liked. He will be missed.