Too Late to Apologize: the Patriots Rock Out!

I think this is something Dopers would appreciate. It’s a parody of Timbaland/OneRepublic’s song “Apologize” done from the perspective of the Founding Fathers. Yes, it’s a bit late to apologize for taxation without representation. The video is quite well done. Apologies if this has been posted already.

I especially like the violin solo in the middle.

You just know this is going to get shown in history classes to attempt to get young people to relate to what they’re being taught :stuck_out_tongue:

Just what I was thinking! Some young-ish teacher is gonna see this, and think, “Maybe the kids’ll get it if I show them this! I’m so cool I can get away with it!”

… and most of the kids will probably groan at the “adult” trying to be hip.

I thought this thread was going to be about when the New England Patriots (football team) recorded New England, The Patriots, and We in response to the Bears’ Super Bowl Shuffle.

I loved it. Sounds great, and the parody of the music video was funny as well. I was surprised by how well it was done. It’s too late indeed.

I would like to point out that the UK doesn’t really see the need to apologise to the US anymore anyway, so it’s a bit academic. :wink:

Hell, this should be shown to the Washington state legislature. Turn King George in the video to our state governor.

Our legislature has suspensed the initiative that prevents them from raising taxes without a 2/3rds majority. Fuckers.

The funny thing about the video they’re parodying is that that’s not even the real music video. It was just some fan-made one that was a lot better than the real video put out by One Republic.

That was great!