Trading Spaces: What's with the pillow?

Ok, in the last couple of episodes, I have noticed a mysterious pillow EVERYWHERE. Actually, there’s two of them. Whenever they’re sewing, I see this pillow…it’s rectangular and has a roman numeral 3 on it. One of them is a dark khaki with cream numbers, and the other is blue with green.

Anybody else know what I’m talking about?

Anybody know where it came from or why it’s there???

Thank you for starting this thread Avarie537. I’ve been wondering about that damn pillow too!

They’re in all the season 3 episodes. Ergo the III. Just something for the hardcore fans I think.

I wondered if that was the case, ** SmackFu**. Is that “official” news, or just what “we” have figured out.

Consensus on the Trading Spaces message board seems to be that it’s a Where’s Waldo gag for Season 3. There’s been considerable discussion on the topic.

What a cool idea!
I haven’t noticed it, but I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for it from now on.

Is there anything like that in any of the other seasons?

Sidenote: We did something like that in my university theatre program. The 4th year class, one year, all worked olives into their final stage production in some way or another. It was rather clever.

You mean besides Alex McLeod? :slight_smile:

According to the Television Without Pity website, the pillow even has a name, “Hitchcock.”

No, I don’t know why.

Clever. Alfred Hitchcock always made a cameo in his films.

They should replace Hildi with a pillow.

Thank God I’m not the only one to notice the pillow. My mom thought I was crazy when I brought it up.

Although the question’s been answered very well, I’ll add that my e-mail to the tlc website just got answered:

“Thanks for your note! The Roman numeral III pillow has been a kind of “Where’s Waldo” gag with the third season (III = Season Three), as it will pop up at least once per episode, although it’s not featured in the actual makeovers.”