Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

There was an attempt in the city of Grafton, NH.
It went…poorly.

At least this one is aptly named: EmbarrassingDad

The bulls in rodeos are so mean

Is D’Asshole headed toward a flameout?

The brand new guy in GQ asking why his butthole is so brown and how he can bleach it and we should google to find images of the condition might be a legit poster, but stands watching. (The thread on hyperpigmentation, not going to link to it.)

Seems the mods decided that a bit of corn would be good for his condition.

EDIT: nvm, was just moved to a different forum.

I’ve heard of corn-holing, but that’s a bit rough on the newbie. But not one cob less than he deserves.

Too bad. There is now some risk that I might accidentally encounter it.

Am proud of the more prominent conservatives on these Boards and how they approached my Nahployment thread- some outdated arguments, but pretty respectful to the topic and those being discussed.

Until Jasmine here decided to make the classic ‘We should starve these people out who refuse to sell 40 hours of their lives for $300’ argument:

That is strictly YOUR interpretation of my comments. I believe that people should work for their living IF POSSIBLE. I’m not ashamed of that position.

Oh, and another thing, sir. The fact that you posted this insult in THIS thread indicates that are accusing me of being a troll. That is WAY out of line.

Feel free to start another thread to discuss where in America how it is ‘financially feasible not to work’, because I am fascinated by this concept, being totally unfamiliar with our too-robust social safety net. Can’t wait to claim my ‘don’t wanna work’ bennies!

Feel free not to speak to me again.

You entered my thread, Jasmine, then responded to my post in this thread. And feel free to speak to me- that’s why we are here, after all.

(flounce) I’m surprised that Jasmine did not ask to speak to your manager.

Indeed, some serious Karen vibes there.

I don’t care if people are insulted by the “Karen” designation. Flame away.

ISTM only those actually named “Karen” and do not behave like the stereotype have a legitimate claim to feel insulted.

First they came for Karen but I wasn’t carin’ 'cause I wasn’t Karen…

Silence!.. Derr-wood.

Jasmine certainly isn’t taking a position I’d defend, but it’s just a position that differs from yours. It’s hardly trolling.

You know those whiners who say the only reason people call them trolls is because they disagree? Stuff like this just gives them ammunition.

Oh, people complain about posters in this thread all the time without thinking they are really trolls. I assumed that’s what this was.

I see your point, but I’m not sure I agree. I’d argue it’s not just a different opinion. It’s a position that the OP had already covered in his OP, explaining why that position didn’t actually work. Rather than arguing against that or any of the other arguments in the thread, it seemed to just ignore them.

And then what it proposes is rather shitty. While the pandemic is still ongoing, let’s reduce the amount of benefits so that people have to go back to work and put up with the greater risk, without greater compensation. Risk that will spread to others, too. While we’re this close to being able to stop the pandemic, let’s make things worse for everyone!

I totally get why @JohnT would not see it as a legitimate attempt to debate the topic at hand. It has the smell of a post meant to stir up passions and not to legitimately debate the topic—the proverbial turd in a punchbowl, if you will.

I think he made a good case that he’s okay with disagreement in general (i.e. mentioning that he’s happy with other conservative posts), as long as it actually engages with the topic. So I don’t think your accusation is accurate.