Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

Thread closed indeed, so I will post here as a funny and not contentious reply to @Northern_Piper’s typo when calling New Zealand as “Mew Zealand”

Mew Zealand? Is the conquest of the earth by the cats starting in Kiwi land?

“Banning is but a door. The internet is but a window. I’ll be back.” - Sock

Re-reading that post and the high ratio of noise to signal, I conclude I should never post in the morning without at least two cups of tea first.

Or switch to coffee. It does this kind of job better.

Lew has a cat?

At the time I googled and was suprised that that wasn’t a pun in Pokemon fandom.

His tendency throughout that thread to deliberately misinterpret everything everyone said marked him as either a blatant troll or a really, really, really stupid person. Either way, he was not exactly a promising addition to the board.

His posting style and feigned ignorance seemed really familiar. I had the feeling he was a sock, but I am dreadfully poor at identifying previously banned posters…

The “argue with everyone” and know-it-all attitude smelled like SamuelA a bit, but Sammy’s posts went on forever. This doof had too many short posts.

I will walk back my statement partly: they were trolling in that threat at first. But the behavior I was commending was when they backed down after moderator sanction, and seemed to actually discuss the topic normally, in a coherent manner. People who don’t care about the topic get all the details wrong.

What I now suspect they are doing is, however, a somewhat common trolling technique. They’re trying to ingratiate themselves a bit so that some people would defend them. Looking at the rest of their posts, I have to agree they are here to stir up shit.

Thus I will henceforth not defend them.

It got a “not quite a warning” for this just last night:

Fingers crossed it gets to digging a little deeper.

[quote=“ASL_v2.0, post:3981, topic:913349”]

It’s attention whoring, plain and simple. It’s part of his entire affected, sad schtick.

I’ve read that you people… well us, are ruining this board for the new people . . . that your track record identifying actual socks is so high is apparently irrelevant.

I’ve always said that we are incapable of making new friends. We can barely tolerate the old ones.

Heck, I’ve got friends I haven’t even used yet.

I don’t know half of you half as well as I shouldn’t like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!

So < 1/16th?

Sounds about right.

“You are without doubt the worst Doper I’ve ever heard of.”

“But you have heard of me.”

I’d rather be with you people than with the finest people in the world.

People are shocked that mods find this thread of any use. Eh. My biggest complaint about it is the cornfielded threads. I wanted to see those.