Trolls R Us Resurrections (Part 2)

I’m touched you thought it was me, but @What_Exit is correct. I’ve only been a mod for 5 years. “Only”. :thinking:

Some would say it just seems like longer. :wink:

Were you Rockers?

They were Mockers.

Poor old cladking can’t catch a break. For those who haven’t been following, this is a recap of his rise and fall. Well, actually, there was never a “rise”, just a headlong fall.

First he started a thread advancing crackpot ideas how how the pyramids were built, which became such a train wreck that it was closed. Then he disappeared for a few years, and came back to start a thread to explain to us common mortals how the universe works, via his concept of a Theory of Everything, heretofore unknown to science. When that was finally closed, he started a thread in the Pit to explain to us common mortals how evolution works, or more accurately, how it doesn’t, and why Darwin was wrong about everything.

He was getting so much grief in that thread that he felt he needed support, so just in time to provide it a new poster joined the board. By happy coincidence, the new poster shared every single one of cladking’s crackpot ideas, including that science is narrow-minded and wrong about everything, and expressed those ideas in a similar style, almost as if cladking himself was writing them!

Alas, both the King of Clad and his royal Sock are no more. For further enlightenment about why science is blinkered and wrong about everything, I guess we’ll have to look elsewhere!

What were all of you thinking engaging that troll and sock in that thread for over 200 posts?

It seemed that you knew they were either trolling or mentally ill, but everyone just kept playing along for over 100 posts before the time became more dismissive. Is this board somehow improved by this engagement?

There was some engagement, and I don’t understand that part. A fair number of responses, even from the beginning, were pretty much open mockery, though. And that’s pretty traditional for a pit thread

Excellent summary, I will be lazy and refer to your post if anyone asks me why I banned the pair.

I think most of us – or at least, many of us – were just mocking the idiocy and the arrogant presumption of superior insights by someone with obviously very little actual knowledge. Those who tried to engage in serious discussion were wasting their time, but IMHO that was their prerogative.

There were, early on at least, concerns that this was a poster with poor education being dragged into some form of AI-induced/enabled break with reality. I posted a time or two trying to get at that angle. And then said poster convinced me, and probably many who shared a possible concern that it wasn’t --AI-- that was the problem.

I assumed the rest of you liked trying to keep pushing the boulder uphill or poking the poster with a stick.

I think I mostly just mocked him.

I was bored.

nvm

Great headshot by @Aspenglow.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Congratulations for the callout on @wolfpup the “pedantic canine”. WP should be proud.

Missed all the fun.

I Actually did not bother replying his latest because it was Cladking. As I said before, regarding the way the pyramids where made:

That thread showed that his “theory” was not just hydraulic power used to move the stones, but also a combination of natural and man made geysers…with no evidence whatsoever of that. And even worse, him mentioning too that the ancient book of the death was about that technology never explained why there were no descriptions elsewhere about the fantastic water works of the day.

Nope, the evidence showed that writings of the book of the death are mentioned many times later in the context of burials and mummies. Not about workers making mojitos with all the soda water used to move the stones..

Although I will always wonder if he ever had an answer about who were the Egyptologists who he accused of claiming that there was a 400 year old king back then.

That 400 year ruling king was nothing more than an unfounded rumor that was used by cladking in an attempt to discredit current researchers, it only ended discrediting what he claimed.

Apparently all those weird poses in ancient Egyptian imagery was people communicating with the waggle dance.

The waggle dance is actually pretty cool, and is not confined to bees … :grin:

I was, briefly, to be so honoured and was rightly proud, having been glorified by King Clad II (aka “The Return of the Clad”) as singularly representative of the collective ignorance and closed-mindedness of the SDMB. This was accompanied by another royal award for “the worst moderation on the internet” for a second time (can’t take credit for that one).

Sadly, the newly arrived Second Royal Sock reigned for only minutes, and all the accolades and other sage observations are now in the cornfield.

I got annoyed and responded a few times - to my regret.