Trolls R Us Resurrections

Beat me to it. An actual Alex Jones defender is either a lunatic asshole or a straight troll.

https://boards.straightdope.com/t/i-am-confused-about-alex-jones-lawyers-mistake-in-sending-all-of-jones-phone-contents-to-the-plaintiffs/969096/217?u=cervaise

Their grammar sucks, too.

Just check with David Icke. Apparently, they were putting children’s scabs in jam sandwiches.

Troll. They’re casually saying they believe everything Jones says in a thread talking about Jones admitting to lies and facing legal consequences of those lies.

If this was legitimate, there would at least be a comment griping about the trial being a sham, or Jones getting a bad deal because of poor lawyers. But there was no attempt to justify anything, just a deliberately ironic and inflammatory set of comments.

Basically, I know it’s a troll because an actual Jones defender wouldn’t talk that way. There is no actual defense going on.

Trolls these days don’t even care enough to pretend to not be a troll. So lazy.

Indeed, Obvious troll is Obvious.

But also really boring.

Unfortunately, still interesting enough for some to feed.

Hopefully, interesting enough to whisk off into the corn.

Oh, leave me alone. :yum:

Can we please remove this, we don’t like to acknowledge Trocks/Trolls and this is doing just that.

That’s fine by me. I did it merely to avoid linking to the thread, dragging the trock here.

Feel free to edit out the link.

Cool, thank you.

And with that, the cornfielding is done.

It really helps if you spell the screen name correctly when trying to ignore someone whose profile is hidden.

I had to copy and paste eventually, but after reading a good bit of the Why do Dopers start contests regarding grave matters? thread, I’ve decided that the OP is a real asshole and I don’t want to spend any more time thinking about them or the really stupid things they claim to be offended by. The first post is an “I’m not trying to be offensive here, but” attack, and the rest of the posts are designed to make the OP feel like they’re superior to anyone who participates in a thread like the Death Pool because they’re not gambling and they’re not wishing anyone to die and ooo! just LOOK how much more moral, ethical, and full of the milk of human kindness they are.

Feh.

It’s not even that, the original complaint (and most of the discussion) was around people trying to predict election results and turning it into a contest. That’s “disgusting” apparently. Because if there is any sort of random chance involved, and you “win” by being acknowledged in a thread, that is “gambling”.

What do they think all those pollsters and political pundits are doing, the cha-cha?

No, that’s what the voters do.

~Max

You literally found voters doing the cha-cha.

:clap:

Their name is just not spelled the way you think. We expect Asc, not Acs. I never even noticed until the move to Discourse and using the whole @-notation thing.

And, yeah, I also got a very trolly vibe from that thread, which is why I haven’t returned after my post.

A poster named after a cetacean has a thread about kicking North Korea out of the UN. In this thread this poster (hereinafter “they”) completely misunderstands (despite repeated patient explanations) the nature and purpose of the UN, the nature and purpose of international diplomacy, the nature and purpose of international sanctions, and ends up arguing against their own OP by saying (paraphrased) “North Korea can do bad things without consequences whether they are in the UN or not, why not kick them out, it makes no difference.” It is as if they came up with this “brilliant” idea and won’t let go or back down no matter what. I don’t know if they are an actual troll, or just childishly stubborn, the kind of child who keeps asking “why?” to every answer to every question, for no reason except they can.

I was thinking of this sort of cha cha, but yeah. :smiley:

I don’t think he’s a troll, but quite stubborn, sure.

Some of the tactics are familiar: ignoring answers already given, moving the goalposts. But I agree, probably not a troll within the usual definition. They are frustrated, apparently, because we don’t recognize the brilliance of their solution (to a very complex problem).