True Blood 5-5: Let's Boot and Rally

Squee!!!

Careful, if the writers see this thread, we’ll have yet another plot thread where a mysterious group of Aussie drifters show up in Bon Temps.

Which might be better than the Ifrit plotline. For that matter, a “Cooking with Tara and Reverend Steve” segment might be better than the Ifrit plotline promises to be.

One thing to note is that this is the first significant interaction between Sookie and Bill/Eric in a while. Since they are the core of the show, not having them in scenes together has been a problem.

Now if they’d only start doing some cast/creature pruning.

Sookie puking just reminds me that Anna Paquin is pregnant (by Bill) in real life. So I immediately think “morning sickness” and then, oh, right, not in the show. I think.

I found Hoyt’s fangbanger attire distracting. Who knew fangbanger fashion was what “alternative” guys wore to the clubs in the late 80s.

It didn’t occur to me until just now that she’s in a werewolf-vampire love triangle. (Rectangle if you add in the other vampire.) I wonder if they’ll work in the baby and name it Renesmee.

Roman? Who’s Roman? I don’t recall anyone by that name.

Anyway, yeah, Terry’s story so far seems like something that would’ve been better suited for a webisode based spinoff or something. It’s just so completely unrelated to anything else going on. And boring. Cut out all of Terry’s scenes and nothing of value would be lost.

Also, seems like they’ve strung about 1 or 2 episodes worth of story along into 5 episodes. Sheesh. They need to learn better pacing. It’s ridiculous that it’s practically half the season before anything really starts happening.

Roman is the Chris Meloni character, isn’t he?

I thought he was Guardian.