Trump and Melania test positive for COVID-19

I think this deserves its own thread:

I wonder what this is going to mean for the election. Will the debates go on as scheduled? Will Trump get a mild case, and just carry on with the ‘it’s just a flu’-shtick? Will he get seriously sick?

Sadly, I have little hope that this will change his stance on the seriousness of the disease—unless maybe he himself gets seriously sick.

Well…well.

He must be lying, the COVID thing is all a hoax.

Oh, no, of course not. Suddenly all the protocols are being enforced at the White House.

Should be interesting to watch him do a rally with a ventilator.

If this doesn’t hand the election to Biden on a silver platter, I don’t know what will.

It does probably mean the remaining debates are canceled though.

I am very concerned about Biden, however. The debate was held very recently and the two weren’t that far apart.

Thoughts and prayers.

There’s always a silver lining.

Holy moly.
If Pence and a bunch of other A-listers tests positive we could be in a real fix with transfer of Power issues.

He’s got a few health things that put him at high risk.

My thoughts exactly. Hoping his aides are waking him up for a Covid test right now.

You and me both. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

MSNBC put up a list of people who traveled with the president this week, jammed together in Air Force 1 and/or Marine 1. It’s basically everybody you can think of. Plus Rep. Jim Jordan.

The reality is that he is going to have the best medical care in the world, because he’s the President. There’s a good chance he’ll get through this fine, which is more than you can say for any poor person who he spread it to during his ‘I’m too much of a man to wear a mask’ rampage.

Maybe, but he’s definitely got a lot of vulnerabilities.

It would be poetic justice if this takes him out. There, I said it–and I don’t regret it.

I hope he recovers, that Melania recovers, that Hope Hicks recovers, and that it lights the necessary fire under their ass to properly protect the rest of the country. Maybe that’s asking too much. I don’t know. I don’t wish harm on people, even people I hate. I hope they all pull through and that it, somehow, provides that “come to Jesus” moment that they need. Again, maybe it’s asking too much. I don’t know. But that’s my position.

So…President Pelosi?

Well, I was hoping for Dr Ronny Jackson.

I mean, you’re clearly a better person than me, but how can you not believe that if Trump recovers (like Boris J in the UK), he’ll use it as a sign that he was right all along about the virus being harmless.

That’s a commendable attitude. I will join you in taking the high road.

However, Trump has sown so much discord and uncertainty that I wouldn’t put it past his administration to pretend he had the virus when he actually didn’t, in order to demonstrate that (a) he’s very strong; and (b) the severity of the virus is overblown, we’ll just work on that “herd mentality” and get on with life.

Mind you, I’m not some conspiracy loon who actually thinks that is what is happening. But it is sad that Trump has deliberately misdirected, lied, blustered, and ignored facts to the point where I can abandon all trust in the sanity of our government and not feel like I’m automatically a crackpot.

Thanks. I’ve been lurking here for years, but just thought of signing up recently :slight_smile: