Trump Pit Thread

So Obama’s poking fun at him made him run? I’m starting to think that Obama is actually the genius mastermind he’s accused of.

Truthseeker2 is an out-and-out Trump supporter. Hank Beecher, octopus, doorhinge and Starving Artist may or may not be outright supporters, but most of their Trump-related posts seem to argue against most criticisms of Trump aired on this board. They are welcome to correct the record if I’ve got this wrong.

Might Girl: That, and Bill Clinton talking him into it. Bubba denies it, but of course he has to either way.

Except they are planning to vote for him. Mitt Romney says he won’t. Ben Sasse says he won’t. But the RNC will support him. The other Republican candidates will support him.

They picked that piece of chicken off the dirty floor, examined it, then ate it.

But they are also exclaiming about how dirty the chicken is even while admitting that they’ll eat it anyway. The electorate can see what they’re doing and will react accordingly.

And most of the electorate will say:“Mmm, chicken!”

The cognitive dissonance will make them justify their vote for Trump. He’s the Republican nominee and the Republicans are the good guys, and he’s not SHRILLARY, so he’s not that bad, and if he’s not that bad, that means all the things he’s saying are not that bad.

That’s how people work. If they swallow that fucking chicken, they will have to find a way to make it okay that they did that. And the easiest way is to start defending him.

Ok Weill if any of them show up and start defending trump then we can have a proper pitting. One sided pittings are just no fun.

They’re all down-the-line partisans more than actual Trump supporters as such.

Those of you who don’t think he has a chance are severely underestimating how much hatred there is for both parties and the current system. I hear all the time from those around me some variation on “Both parties are trying to stop him so he must be doing something right.” A large percentage of people I have heard come out in support of him think along those lines. Since neither party made the effort to put forth an exciting candidate there is nothing to counter his outsider appeal. It isn’t his rhetoric or stance on issues. It’s the effective sound bites and the fact that he is not a party hack. He’s sticking it to the republicans. He’s sticking it to the Democrats. He’s sticking it to the press. That’s all a lot people care about. They are willing to throw away the next four years just to shake up the republican party.

I believe Qin, before he was suspended, was quite the Trump! supporter.

A chance in the general, you mean? I am willing to believe the so-called “silent majority” exists. We’ve already seen it in the primaries. I am unwilling to believe it is large enough to win an election unless he draws close to the normal level of support from rank and file GOP voters… which he won’t.

Thanks, Obama!

Tell that Cheeto he can shove his PC bullshit!

All Trump needs to do is give them a small loan of a million chickens and they’ll really be in business.

I think this other Camacho’s hair would make for a better matched set. Maybe Trump could get the nationality requirement waived?

Ironically, however. If you go to his user page, he flat out says he’s a Clinton supporter. It’s part of his signature. He even claimed to be using all that “cuck” and “cuckservative” stuff ironically. But, as I’ve said before, people couldn’t tell the difference.

That’s why I tried multiple times to warn him about how people were taking his posts before he got suspended.

And we thought he wouldn’t be able to win the primary, either. A whole lot of conventional thinking hasn’t held up with Trump’s strategy.

The thing I’m most worried about is that Clinton is not popular on the left. The rise of Sanders shows how weak she actually is. Sure, there will likely be a lower GOP turn out due to Trump. but there will likely also be a lower Democratic turnout because of Clinton.

And, again, there is the very real risk that Clinton’s campaign could be completely derailed.

Trump has about a 25% chance of winning in the general, last I checked. That’s not above 50%, but things with one-in-four odds happen all the time.

If the matchup is Trump - Clinton I will vote Clinton.

And then shower, because I will feel dirty.

And I hope there are enough conservatives like you in the Republican party to make the difference.

Though I do have a question: is it issues based–that, as much as you hate Clinton, you think she has more of the issues correct (even if that’s an incredibly low bar)? Or does it have more to do with your evaluation of Trump’s ability to do the job?

And how would you vote in Cruz v. Clinton, if you don’t mind me asking?