TV show lines that have stuck with you for a very long time.

(from Friends) Chandler: I get my ya-yas from Ikea. You have to put them together yourself, but they cost a little less.

(from How I Met Your Mother) Marshall: (while standing in front of the mirror, extensively rubbing his nipples with petroleum jelly, preparing for marathon training) You look good! Nobody does it better than you!

“Kiss My Grits” Alice

And from Under Siege 2: Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Chandler’s sound for whipping: whappah.

Also one episode where Chandler’s having problems getting it up. He goes and talks to Joey, who (apparently) doesn’t really get what Chandler’s talking about. Chandler asks Joey what he does in the same situation, and Joey answers: “I just do it anyway”. :slight_smile:

**Back to the Future: **Helloooo, McFly…
NB

From the Drew Carey Show, the episode where Kate wants to sing for the band, and fails cluelessly & miserably, and boyfriend Oswald tries to stick up for her:

DC: It’s our instruments. They’re out of tune. [glaring at Oswald] Horribly, horribly, out of tune.
Oswald: But they mean well.
Kate: Well, tune 'em up!
DC: Can’t. We’re out of … tuning wax.
Friends, the “Jeopardy” game:

Ross: What does Monica say is her favorite movie?
Joey & Chandler: Dangerous Liaisons!
Ross: What is it really?
J&C: Weekend at Bernies II!!

From Lost, one of the Hurley flashback episodes. Hurley’s mother is berating him for his laziness:

In our house, our reaction to unexpected phone calls frequently is, “Must be Jesus, asking us what color car we want.” and we’re Jewish, we don’t generally use that name. But the line really stuck with us.

You left off the best part:

“We’re going to have to take them to a tunesmith.”

Get Smart, last half of routine between Max and Agent Larabee about making clothing out of food. I forget the rest.

Max
But what would hold the brar* up?

Larabee
Linguini.

*Native New Yorkese vowel elision. Actual word is bra.

“That was the worst sound I’ve ever heard”

“Have you ever tried re-starting a car with a sleeping cat on the manifold?”

“No”

“Then yeah, yeah that was the worst sound you’ve ever heard”

Man Drew Carey had some funny lines.

“That smells like … ham and feet.”

“I’ve smelled ham and feet. That ain’t ham and feet.”

From “Will and Grace”, in the episode when Jack has to decorate a holiday display window for Barneys…he shows his boss the first version of his window. She hates it, and gives him this line:

“Now, you have 24 hours to get this right, or not only will I fire you, I will rehire you, pull your hair, and fire you again!”

I’m going from memory here, but wasn’t that Rachel’s favourite movie, not Monica’s? Also, TRANSPONDSTER! :smiley: (They actually told us what Chandler did at one point further on, but I’ve forgotten. It actually was data analysis or something.)

And then later, she’s recounting the story about how they all went out for dinner, a waiter spilled some cold water on her, she jumped and her boob popped out of her negligee. Rachel’s response when asked about it; “Eh, I have nice boobs.”

Why, yes, I may be a total “Friends” geek, why do you ask? :slight_smile:

From Trek TOS, Balance of Terror

Kirk: Full Astern! Emegency Warp Speed!

Pretty sure it was Monica.

I actually do data analysis for a living…Chandler’s title was kinda bogus, but plausible. I’m looking at the WENIS and I’m not happy.

Chanondaler Bong. *Miss *Chanondaler Bong.

As a teen, I got caught watching t.v. after bed time when I laughed out loud at Bobby “The Brain” Heenan on Prime Time saying, “I’m not as dumb as I think I am.”

Another favorite of mine: From the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. Tom is Ceaser, Dick is one of his generals.

Dick: I bring you precious stones from Gaul.

Tom: Gallstones?

From 70s sitcom Rhoda starring the permanently gorgeous Valerie Harper. A nuisance guy she’s not into calls at her apartment.

Rhoda: What are you doing here?

Guy: I thought I’d come see you and cheer you up.

Rhoda: (thinks for a moment) You cannot do both.

The perfect putdown, perfectly delivered.

From Ren & Stimpy various episodes…

Mr. Horse saying, “Nossir. I don’t like it.”

Stimpy: “Ooooohhh Rennnn? Will you button my flap?”

Ren: “Hey, Stimpy, go answer de flap.” Still said by me to my friends when we go camping.

Narrator: “Prepare to hurtle through the cosmos!”

And I can still sing the whole “Log” jingle.

Yeah, a lot of the ones already mentioned have stuck with me. Particularly, “Ahh, Bach.” And you gotta do the hand motion with that one.

I still say that! I preface it with ‘In the immortal words of Mr. Horse…’

Strangely, I don’t often find occasion to use ‘Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!’

I don’t remember anyone using Ralph Wiggum memorable lines like:

“It takes like burning”

“Super Nintendo Chalmers”

“Me fail English… that’s unpossible”

From The Drew Carey Show-
(Lewis has sprayed a new love potion made at DrugCo on a ham. He then begins staring at it.) “Why so tense, baby?”

Also “slapass leapfrog” from one of the Drew Carey Live episodes.

Whose Line Is It Anyway?-

Ryan Stiles: I just can’t seem to get a taxi, Colin.
Colin Mochrie: Maybe that’s because we’re in a studio!

TAPIOOOOCA!

THE CAT!

The Maltese Burger