Upcoming computer games for 2010 which you are looking forward to?

It does but I can’t find any information other than “We’re still working on it” back in 2006.

If you snag a copy on release day, would you kindly let us know how it compares to the original?

I forgot about this one. This is definitely also on my list now.

I am most sincerely hoping that the financial situation at Firaxis allows them to put out Civ 5 by the end of the year.

Mass Effect 2, hopefully they didn’t screw up the sequel, the first one was pretty damn good.

Mark

Doesn’t Crysis 2 come out this year? I’m not looking forward to it (Yay, another generic FPS game) but you can probably count on it to make your GPU sweat, if that’s what you’re after. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m definitely chomping at the bit to get my hands on Mass Effect 2. Bioshock 2 I haven’t managed to get to juiced about, but I’ll certainly get it. Starcraft 2 will be out any month now. Ha ha, seriously, though… There’s a new season of Sam & Max in the pipe, and some of ye olde school Fallout designers are working on a Las Vegas adventure for the Fallout-verse, so I look forward to those. Also, rumors persist of a Beyond Good & Evil sequel.

Mass Effect 2 everything I’ve heard about it makes it sound like they fixed all the problems I had with Mass Effect 1 (other then the ammo change. BOOO!)

Dragon Age Expansion Pack

Total War Expansion Pack

I’m a little on the fence about Bioshock 2. The first one was fun but I only played through it once and nothing about the sequel has really grabbed me.

Aliens Vs Predator. The company developing it has a bit of a spotty track record so I’ll see the reviews before I buy it though.

Anything Blizzard actually puts out the door.

I’m trying to get excited about Max Payne 3 but…it just looks awful.

I forgot one: Victoria 2, by the Paradox guys. I’m buying this one the first day it comes out. I still play the first one, and it’s been nearly 7 years already.

Maybe. They’re releasing it for Xbox 360/PS3 too. They claim that they have seperate teams working on the PC and console versions, and the PC version won’t be crippled by codevelopment, but companies have lied about that before. It’s not at all unlikely that Crysis 2 will look/play significantly worse than Crysis.

Mass Effect 2, Elemental: War of Magic, and anything non-MMO that Blizzard manages to actually release.

Thankfully, I’m sure a bunch of other titles that I’m not familiar with yet will pop up during the year and be excellent even without any hype. :slight_smile:

In order of my SQUEE factor:

Mass Effect 2
Lego Universe
Star Wars: TOR
Fallout Las Vegas

Wait…Fallout Las Vegas? New DLC??

squee!

-XT

Fallout: New Vegas. Not DLC, but its own game. It’ll use the same engine and generally the same world. But the cool thing is that it’s made by a lot of the same guys who were involved in the old Black Isle games, including Fallout 2.

Oh my…ok, definitely put that one on the list!

-XT