Upcoming "Jeopardy!" on-line test

That’s my understanding too, Sampiro.

In the past couple of years, it has seemed to me that the West coast test was easier (ie I knew a lot more of the answers when the tests were posted later) than the East coast version I bombed. I’m debating taking it tonight when I’ll be home vs staying up later on Thurs. Any thoughts?

I’m obviously not going to take the test at this point, but now I’m curious about thus sorts of questions that would be asked. Can someone point me towards one of the forums where the questions might be posted? Thanks!

Personal observation - I hit Submit each time, and I have been called in for Auditions three times out of the last four times I have taken the test. I had also been called in after the in-person testings they had before the on-line tests were instituted. I am a sad little geek.

It’s not as much “getting on national TV,” which any chimp can do, as it is “demonstrating your intellectual superiority and rubbing the other guys’ faces in it on national TV–BOO-YAH, assholes!”

But I’m not competitive.

Nerd points. It’s all about the nerd points.

They’re usually either posted or linked to here after the test. Check in again the next few days.

Here is a link to Search Results for Jeopardy Test so you can look at previous threads

I was all set to take the test tonight until my old email account got cancelled two days ago for no satisfactory reason and all my email was deleted - including the one with the confirmation number that they’ve decided is SUCH a better idea than letting people pick their own password.

And since there’s absolutely no way to retrieve that number off their website, I guess i’m screwed 'til next year. (le sigh)

What?
You didn’t print out the confirmation email and have it laminated?

These kids today, no foresight about important things.

I hate it when I get a brain cramp. Goddam mushrooms. I don’t eat goddam mushrooms.

I’m feeling pretty good about that one. I think my Beastie Boys mix helped. I’m a little annoyed that I blanked on the Rear Window question, but other than that I felt like I got the ones I expected to know and there weren’t too many where I was completely lost.

Just finished, and this was probably the best I’ve ever done, but I still don’t think it will be good enough for a call back.

Done. Wow. That wasn’t too bad at all, honestly.
I did get the Rear Window question right! I did have to pass on a couple, though.
There were several very simple questions, too.

Portabella mushrooms.

Done. I think I did better than last year, but that and $.50 will get me on the subway.

Whew! I got Rear Window right! I kept thinking it had the word ‘view’ in it, so I was like "Rear Window View? Rear View Window? Eh, screw it, just go with Rear Window’ and hey, looks like I done good!

But I know I got pretty much all the geography ones wrong…I suck so bad it at…(although it looks like I got the river right…it was Ohio, right? Please tell me it was Ohio!)

bouv, yes. Ohio is correct. :smiley:

Oh gosh, was it? I said Mississippi – and yes, I had to spell it out loud.

Ohio River, and I spelled the mushroom “portobello,” but I think that’ll be good enough.

Marley, I think you’re right with the spelling. My spelling was wrong. Crap.

Upon Googling, it says this:

About Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello, pronounced [por-toh-BEHL-loh]The portobello also called portabella is really simply a brown crimini mushroom in disguise. Evidently the usage of the two words “portobello vs. portabella” is simply an issue of a marketing brand. Once the little brown crimini grows up to be about 4" - 6" in diameter he is deemed to be a portobello.

I did okay, but I missed several guesses. I’ve made auditions my last two tries…here’s hoping for a third time!

Did seem heavier on geography and history this year, fewer pop culture, an dthe pop culture were thign s I already knew.
(But I did run out of time writing “Susan Boyle.” I hope “Susan B” gets me partial credit.)