For those who followed the melodrama thread about work I posted a while ago, I thought I’d offer the denouement to the story.
So, I believe I called her E. in the story. I’m reverting to her real name as I no longer feel any particular compulsion to reveal her identity.
Backstory. Dawn’s a fucking psycho. She threw a pyscho fit and left work for two days with no phone call or explanation and was not fired. For more details, read the thread.
Dawn’s been fired. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
So, my boss left for another vacation, his first since the “incident”. He told everyone in the office that he was leaving J. in charge in his stead, that he had promoted her to office manager, and we were to respect her as we did him. J. came into work on Monday and went through D.'s inbox, only to find she was insanely behind in her work. She told D. to split up her work between S. and herself. D. ignored her and proceeded to be a class A bitch all week, talking on the phone when she should have been working. J. (office mgr) calls her in Friday to discuss her behaviour. D. throws a hissy fit, complete with crazy hand motions aka Wayne’s World’s going back in time motions. (best descrip I’ve got). She then sends an e-mail to my boss completely bashing the shit out of J. in a very juvenile manner. He fires her.
- proceedes to call all the clients she’s service to tell them what happened
- steals a bulletin board, and when the boss calls her on it threatens to call her ex husband b/c he can prove it is hers
- returns the bulletin board with a note on it saying “Just so you know, a bulletin board from Staples costs $18.75 and you personally have eaten more than that in my food alone.” She has offered my boss her food since day one. She writes this noted in purple ink on a pad of paper featuring horses, and arranges it perfectly in the middle of the bulletin board.
- calls her former coworker daily and leaves psychotic messages, including one instructing her to brag loudly on her behalf about her new job
- storm into our office talking very loudly about how “fucking” great it was to not work there
- submits e-mails to myself and my boss to her from J. (office mgr) purportedly exposing her as the bitch she truly is. My e-mail was a typical “I’m so pissed off” e-mail about a collegue you’re stressed with, many of which I’ve written myself. It did not lower my opinion of J the office mgr since she wasn’t in a managerial postion then. When D. gave me the e-mail and says “FYI”, I looked at her coldly and tossed it in the garbage in front of her. When she leaves the office, the boss tells her to “put her big girl panties on.” She freaks out, tells him to fuck off and slams the door.
- When the boss phones her telling her he will bring in his lawyer if she continues to harrass his clients, she informs him “Where I’m going, we don’t need your little clients” and hangs up on him.
I know where she’s found new work and I’m tempted to send her a boquet of flowers on her first day (since her dumb ass boss didn’t bother to check her references) with a note (not in an envelope) saying “Dear Dawn. Thanks SOOOO much for getting fired. Much Love, Jill.”
That’s petty, right?