Urbanredneck is a homophobic bigot

Even if you took the offer to experiment, that wouldn’t necessarily mean you were gay.

This is how I see it: you can choose who to have sex with, but you can’t choose your sexual orientation. Some straight people occasionally choose to have sex with the same sex, and some gay people occasionally choose to have sex with the opposite sex, for varying reasons unrelated to sexual or romantic attraction. And some people have sexual/romantic attraction for both sexes.

How many self-identified straight people even got to the “earnestly experimenting” stage, d’you reckon ?

I mean, the one time I had an honest shot at it, I sure didn’t take it and to this day think of it as a pretty bad day. Call me bigoted if you like, but “drunk gay guy showing up in your (guest) room in the middle of the night, fondling you and not taking “what the fuck ?! fuck off” for an answer” didn’t work for me. I mean the guy didn’t even buy me dinner or nothing !

Before and after that I was never attracted to the male body and while I can appreciate hot guys in the abstract I’ve never gone from “damn, Robert Downey Jr. is prettAY” to “I’d really like to have his cock near/on/inside me”. I couldn’t tell you the exact proportion of nature and nurture that have been going on but there was never any choice, ambiguity or even curiosity on my (body’s) part. LittleKobal just doesn’t salute dudes.

OK, LittleKobal salutes *that *one. LittleKobal is kind of an art slash 4chan snob.

MichaelEmouse (>'o’)> :heart: <('o’<) LittleKobal

4Chan
♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪┏ ( ) ┛♪┗ (・o・ ) ┓♪┏(・o・)┛♪
< (‘o’<) ( ‘-’ ) (>‘o’)> v( ‘.’ )v < (’ .’ )> < (’.’<) ( ‘.’ ) (>‘.’)> v( ‘.’ )v < (’ .’ )>

(* ・(エ)・ *)

The best thing about this thread is that it is further proof that you can learn something from anyone.

In the OP ZipperJJ has this:

Well I must admit I had never thought about the relative difficulty in finding a partner for gays. Although I assume, by the same token, one has less competition as well as a smaller field of candidates. Certainly a different dynamic though.

I think we’re all dancing around the real question here: who, exactly, does one report possibly illicit pressure cooker sales to? Congress has been remiss in not establishing a Department of Kitchen Utensil Security.

Clearly meant to be part of the Kitchen Cabinet.

I assumed she had reported the pressure cooker purchaser because of the whole Gay-Lussac’s Law thing.

This thread is so weird, and so indicative of the Dope. We have people trashing Urbanredneck, rightfully so, some dude making ASCII art which makes little to no sense, jokes, pressure cooker explosions, serious discussions about sexuality and preference, and people trying to find a mate amongst “only” 3% of the population.

I came in here to comment that lots and lots of Indians, and others, not just “middle easterners”, use a pressure cooker for cooking. You guys should try it! It cooks your food lickety split, without much monitoring, and it’s great to use to blow up stuff too!

I also kind of wondered who Urbanredneck reported it to. Do you call the cops and tell them a swarthy man bought a pressure cooker off you? Do they give a shit?

Reported. :smiley:

So, I’m not allowed to say I don’t want haggis, even though I’ve never had it? I don’t want to ride a motorcycle, because I think they’re dangerous, and that’s not a choice I’ve made? The only way people can justify making a choice about something is if they experience it first, so they can make an informed decision? Hey, I don’t think I want to have smallpox, but I guess that’s not a choice I get to make. I also don’t want to be a ballerina or drive race cars. Those aren’t choices? Bullshit.

You choose not to eat haggis. You didn’t choose to dislike it.

Of course that’s making a choice. Thing is, people who are singularly heterosexual, when offered the chance to experiment, say no thanks, because the idea of homosexual relations is not appealing.

If you try out a new restaurant, it’s because there’s something about the food you find appealing. Even if you don’t wind up liking it, there was that thought “I might like this.” underlying the whole experience.

We don’t generally make a conscious choice to define the things we want, or the things we find appealing. If you actually had to choose, had to say “I am NOT going to want to drive race cars.” one could say that you actually DO want to drive race cars, but an outside factor is causing you to decide that you should not want it. Because, really, people who don’t want to drive race cars, don’t think much about driving race cars to begin with, so there’s no reason for them to consciously choose that they don’t want to do it.

And me, don’t forget me. :o I started a thread about something which I knew other parents would have infomation, experience, opinions about. This IS an intelligent, thoughtful, and helpful group over all.

Out of the blue came personal attacks directed at my sexuality and the make-up of my family. I can accept someone suggesting that the 2-mama dynamic could have something to do with it, but that’s not the tone or intent of what was actually posted by Urban Redneck, Shodan, maybe a few others. I tried to draw a line there, politely, but it kept on.

Then I asked to have the thread closed. It had fulfilled my purpose and I didn’t want the negative parts to blow up and take over the thread, derailing the good parts. The mods explained to me–and I agree–that since the majority of the thread was filled with people endeavoring to respond to the OP and offer help and advice, that it would stay open. I see the value in that. The extraneous factors and avenues this thread has taken are bizarre indeed. I said that this is an intelligent, thoughtful group as a whole–it is, but with a few real bigots and assholes.

Yes, and some of the people posting are not even assholes - they just want to rush to make their point. It’s par for the course around here.

I wish UrbanShitStain would come post.

That’s the problem with this pitting. There’s nothing really to say. Urbanredneck is an unapologetic homophobe and is not afraid to say it. And he says it every chance he can. And it’s not even really worth arguing with him about it because to those who are not homophobes, there’s nothing rational about his way of thinking. So he just plops his little gems in to whatever threads happen to mention anything about gay people, and I suspect most of us just think “Wow what a closed-minded asshole!” and move along.

I’m sure people have considered pitting him before but have found it difficult. So the only thing I could think of was to let the man speak for himself.

But yeah…now what? At least, I guess, we’ve exposed him for what he is and more people will know that hadn’t noticed before.

Honestly, I don’t even think that. I really don’t see him as malicious. Just caught up in his notions. It’s a pernicious and casual bigotry, yes, and I absolutely think it needs to be called out. But I don’t get the impression that he’s a hate-fueled homophobe. Just a passive, ignernt one.
Also, fuck 4chan.
Also also Ethilrist, seriously?

Seriously. I feel like I’ve made a choice, and I believe there are millions of people out there who experimented in their teen and college years who feel like they made a choice, too. I understand there are many more people who feel there was no choice, but the fact that they’re in the majority doesn’t mean they have a monopoly on the situation.