Vaccination Status Poll

Just got my second shot of Moderna this morning. No side-effects so far (knock on wood!) beyond a vaguely achy left shoulder area.

Almost as soon as I got home, my boss called to ask when my second shot was and tell me to go to work in the office once the requisite two weeks have passed. I’ve been to the office a few times over the last year, the weather is getting nice (no trudge to the train station in snow), and they’re adding trains back on the line I take to work so I’m not reluctant to go in.

If I don’t get a clone, I’ll be unable to live with myself.

Got my second shot this morning. So far so good.

Got my first shot early this afternoon, Pfizer. Feeling fine.

After the call to set up my appointments the other day, I got a QR code in an email, and everything was quite well organized and easy.

Got my first shot this afternoon, Moderna. Feeling fine apart from a sore shoulder (very, very minor).

Day eight of qualifying for the vaccine here in Oregon. I am on five different lists and am willing to travel up to fifty miles to get the shot…and nothing has popped up yet.

I’m not familiar with your area specifically but you may have better luck being more proactive than getting on a list and waiting. At least that was the case where I am. I did a lot of vaccine advocacy in my county and the early bird got the worm. Often people would get an appointment at a pharmacy chain in the morning and then get an email a couple of hours later when the appointments were gone.

I am also very proactive, checking all the local pharmacies.

The Kaiser in Vancouver WA and the one in Salem have open slots right now. Is that too far?

The Cascade Park opportunity disappeared when I informed them that I do not live or work in Washington.

I wonder what is up with that. Higher demand or less availability?

I went on Walgreen’s website to see if I could find one nearby, and there are not, apparently. If I put in my zip code, there are plenty, but a few random Oregon zips, and nada.

They were the easiest to navigate, for me.

Seems it only schedules out 5 days in advance (though you set up your second shot at the same time), so maybe trying early in the morning/ right after midnight will find you something.

Already doing the “Early as fucking can” option, checking with all Albertsons chains, Walgreen, Walmart, Costco, Fred Meyer and five or six others. I check on their websites all day and check my e-mail constantly.

It certainly looks like you’re doing all that you can. This either speaks well of your community in getting the shot or you guys are getting boned with regards to supply. I hope you get one soon.

I live with two women that have compromised immune systems, and I cannot take any chances-I self isolate like a MFer.

I receive my second shot on Saturday and then start a new job on Monday. Please let me have recovered by then.

Most of the time it’s passed within a day.

But, as an employer, it is one of my no questions asked call offs.

I hesitate to make this suggestion as I know you’re a smart feller and have probably already done this, but have you tried clearing your cookies from these sites?

I was going through the same frustration trying to schedule my second jab. No appointments, no appointments, no appointments. I finally thought to try it and voila! Many available appointments.

Am already doin’ dat.

Figured you were, but just in case.

Sorry it’s been such an ordeal up where you are. Vaccinations were going begging here around Ewe-Jean – although since Monday when they opened it up for everyone, things have likely tightened up again.

Have you tried any of the tribal authorities? I know Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde was making appointments for everyone, and I’m not sure what Siletz is doing.