Vanity, thy name is SolGrundy

Awww, you people are sweet, even the one who said I look like the lamest of the X-men. I really just intended this as a mundane ‘n’ pointless “hey look I shaved” thread, not trolling for compliments. Because that would be just about as lame as replying to the thread just to bump it back to the top. Which of course I’d never do.

(But seriously, thanks for saying so. I can’t tell if I’m blushing or it’s just razor burn.)

Haha, that’s awesome! I really was wondering how long it would take someone to mention the unibrow. I’ve gotten more attention from women in the six-odd months since I’ve been out, than I did from over a decade in the closet. And it’s always in the form of “if I could… just… tweeze… a little…”

At least nobody’s mentioned the other guy from They Might Be Giants yet.

You’re preaching to the choir, brother! Speaking of which:

Hey, check your timestamps, Jack! I did send out an e-mail warning just prior; you had a good five minutes to voice an objection. Besides, it was a pathetic sight, me driving home from work last night, scratching and screaming “get it off! get it off!”*

“It’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.”
– anonymous philosopher, who probably never was in a relationship more than two weeks, tops

*Yeah, Friday around seven sounds good.

Mmm, definitely with.

(sswampbear: “A Certain Burly Guy” or “A Certain Burly Gentleman”?)

I think you look better without the goatee.

But, I have an aversion to men with heavy facial hair, so my opinion may be biased.

Another vote for with, although I too cannot see a damned thing on the “after” picture…too dark, or is it my monitor?

I have always thought guys look better with some sort of facial hair - even if only a 5 o’clock shadow. Clean shaven looks too…I donno…like Michael Jackson bait. Never been into “boy” or “boy-ish” look.

Give me a Sam Elliot anytime.

Meant to add: If you’re going to go for the clean shaven look, you need earrings.

(And dammit… I had to go google Sam Elliot.)

Very nice, either way. The second picture is dark–I actually went to the trouble of saving it and lightening it, just so I could judge this thing.

I like the “with” picture better, but I wonder if that’s because it’s a great smile…

Either way, officially: WOO!

I have to agree, that is one hell of a smile.

Oh, and if I may, for the goatee fans out there, I’m sporting a goatee and am quite single.

People, please. Stop already. I’m getting embarrassed. And to show just how embarrassed I am at all the ego-stroking, I lightened that after picture that people were complaining about, and once again bumped the thread to the top. Don’t make me do something drastic to force you people to stop paying attention to me.

So by my reckoning, the tally is with: 9, without: 11, either: 4, abstaining: 50,750.

And the one other Doper who actually has any say in the matter, says he can’t decide one way or the other. Which is just so very typical of his kind.

Count me in as somebody who’d like to google the hell out of Sam Elliot. And as for the earrings, that boat has sailed, I’m afraid. I tried wearing one for about a week in college, but I took it out because it made me look “too gay” (which I wasn’t, you understand). I’m not a big fan of wearing jewelry, anyway, and if I tried at this point it’d look like I was either having a premature mid-life crisis or an even more difficult coming-out process. Like that announcer guy on “The Price is Right” who came out and suddenly started dressing like Rip Taylor.

It took me all day, but I just now got that. I was wondering why you’d want a clone of me to make you a sandwich. And by the way: get your own thread! This one’s all about me. (And in the new thread, put up a picture or two. I’m still allowed to look).

Can you please graft your cuteness, kindness and sheer bloody goodness of both personality and face on to some straight Kiwi bloke?

Nah?

No I don’t believe in magic either. :smiley: (I kinda liked the facial fluff… but no one of any sex or oreintation is going to kick you out :slight_smile: )

Sol even though you are indeed a handsome devil, I still like the goatee better. So, that means grow it back.

gobear one of the benefits of being in my harem is that it will be very much focused on oral hygiene. :wink: All one need do to apply is just show up and get nekkid. So, you and Otto gonna carpool?

silenus shaved head and goatee? <swoon> I know you’re straight and all that but eye candy is always good.

chaoticdonkey ACBG is A Certain Burly Gentleman. He’s a gentleman in public and an animal when he needs to be. :wink:

And what’s the deal with these threads where people describe themselves as… well, Sampiro suggested that he looks like Burl Ives, and SolGrundy he had an " ugly (but lovable) mug", and then I look at the pictures and find the men behind them amazingly cute?

It’s like the penis threads where the OP says “I don’t know what to do. My penis is so small. 11 inches is smaller than a ruler :(”

Aw, I wanted to be the SDMB Voyeur! mope :frowning:

I don’t get the self-deprecation from the gay Dopers here. Everyone is attractive to somebody else. I don’t care if you’re Quasimodo; somewhere out there, there’s some guy who will look at your profile and say, “Damn, that hump on your back is rockin’! And you got your own place in Paris? Oh, I got to get me some of that!”

In any event, the gay guys here have been shown that they are far from unattractive; in fact, we can safely say that Sol Grundy and Sampiro have been told they are damn well handsome from heteros and homos, men and women.

I’m sure there’s plenty of room on the watching couch. Besides, then you two have company.

…Ooo. Good point. scampers happily off to couch

Exactly the philosophy behind this self-affirming T-shirt.

Besides, I get the idea Ink a dink a dink is cute.

I want, nay, need this tshirt. Day-umn that’s funny!

I vote for the goatee. But my guy and I both have goatees, so I may be a bit prejudiced.

And don’t change your eyebrows. What’s with all these anti-hair people anyway?