Week 8 CFB -- Which AP Top Ten team(s) will lose?

Rankings: Week 8

AP Top 25

1.Alabama
2.Oregon
3.Clemson
4.Ohio St.
5.Florida St.
6.LSU
7.Texas A&M
8.Louisville
9.UCLA
10.Miami (FL)

2013 NCAA Division I-A Football Schedule - Week 8

Group:FBS (Division I-A)

Thursday, October 17 

7:30 PM (10) Miami (FL)        at North Carolina     

Friday, October 18 

8:00 PM UCF                    at (8) Louisville     

Saturday, October 19 

3:30 PM Iowa                   at (4) Ohio State      
 3:30 PM (9) UCLA               at (13) Stanford       
 3:30 PM (24)Auburn             at (7) Texas A&M    
 7:00 PM Arkansas               at (1) Alabama       
 7:00 PM (6) LSU                at Ole Miss      
 8:00 PM (5) Florida State      at (3) Clemson   
10:00 PM Washington State       at (2) Oregon     

Poll on the way…

Why did you put in a “None of them” option? Either FSU or Clemson is going down.

(Just trying to save someone the humiliation of taking that option.)
Also, it looks like a week of great match-ups and potentially great games!

Good catch! It was a reflex action from last week, I guess. If anybody picks that option, I’ll disregard it. Too bad people will see the poll before this post.

Crap, crap, crap! I meant to pick UCLA, too! There’s no way I can fix that, is there?

When I build the scoring array, I’ll add UCLA to your choices. Will that work for you?

That’ll work just fine. Thank you. Also, I hope you don’t mind that I’ve been keeping a running point total for these things. If you keep doing the polls and the arrays, I’ll add everything up at the end of each week. Who knows? If you stick with this all season, Zeldar, I may chip in for a prize for the winner at the end. Here’s how we stand right now:

Cumulative scoring. No penalties for incorrect picks, 1pt awarded for each correct pick.

2pts: Labrador Deceiver, oakminster, Oredigger77

1pt: **armedmonkey, astorian, Fred Garvin, janeslogin, jsc1953, LuckyNumber85, Wolverine, Zakalwe **

Goose egg! basset hound, Chargerrich, death of rats, Duckster, furt, Johnny Bravo, Munch, NicorGasMan, racer72, Rucksinator, skammer, Tazmanian Devil, The Universe Lashes Out, Zeldar

That sounds fun, and I don’t mind at all. It’s a good addition. Thanks!

Here’s a first look at the voting. Note the () marks for armedmonkey as per post #5.

As R. P. McMurphy pointed out in Post #2, NONE is an invalid option (sorry, my bad). If you didn’t/don’t pick either FSU or Clemson to be going down, you may post to that effect and I’ll fix the array for your late vote.

===============================================================

Alabama  Oregon  Clemson  Ohio St. Florida St. LSU  Texas A&M  Louisville  UCLA  Miami  NONE 
                    ============================================================================================

Accidental Martyr 1                                    Florida St.
armedmonkey      (3)                                   Florida St.      Texas A&M             (UCLA)
Munch             3                  Clemson                            Texas A&M              UCLA
R. P. McMurphy    1                                                                            UCLA 
Zeldar            2                  Clemson                            Texas A&M 
                    ============================================================================================
    5            10     0      0       2         0         2               3           0        (3)     0     0  /10

I’m not at all in this for the points, the glory or the fame, but I did want to be on record as knowing that Clemson was gonna lose to my 'Noles.

I picked Florida State and UCLA. Gave serious consideration to LSU and Auburn, but decided not to pull the trigger.

Here’s an update:

Alabama  Oregon  Clemson  Ohio St. Florida St. LSU  Texas A&M  Louisville  UCLA  Miami  NONE 

armedmonkey      (3)                                   Florida St.      Texas A&M             (UCLA)
Jimmy Chitwood    1                  Clemson
Labrador Deceiver 2                                    Florida St.                             UCLA
LuckyNumber85     2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA
Munch             3                  Clemson                            Texas A&M              UCLA
Oakminster        2                                    Florida St.                             UCLA
Oredigger77       2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA
Quintas           1                                    Florida St.  
R. P. McMurphy    1                                                                            UCLA 
RetroVertigo      1                  Clemson
Snowboarder Bo    1                  Clemson
Zakalwe           2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA  
Zeldar            2                  Clemson                            Texas A&M 
    14           24     0      0       8         0         5        0      3           0        (8)     0     0  /24

Just as a reminder, the poll closes tomorrow. That’s because of the game with Miami Thursday.

Here’s the latest summary:

bump              2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA 
Labrador Deceiver 2                                    Florida St.                             UCLA
LuckyNumber85     2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA
Oakminster        2                                    Florida St.                             UCLA
Oredigger77       2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA
Sterling Archer   2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA 
Wolverine         2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA 
Zakalwe           2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA  
    17           30     0      0       11        0         5        0      3           0       (11)    0     0  /30

This week… I say UCF takes down Louisville, meaning Teddy Bridgewater drops a few slots in the draft and loses a few million dollars.

Here’s the final array:

astorian          1                                                                Louisville
bump              2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA 
Sterling Archer   2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA 
Wolverine         2                  Clemson                                                   UCLA 
    18           31     0      0       11        0         5        0      3           1       (11)    0     0  /31

Shoot, that was final? SIlly of me not to notice that either CLemson or Florida State HAS to lose.

I say Florida State loses, as well as Louisville. (And that Texas throws a pile of money at Dabo Swinney one day soon.)

I’ve added FSU to your choices. No harm done.

Anybody else want a fix?

I predict Louisville loses this week.

Nicely done, there, astorian! felt I had an inside track watching that game’s last quarter.

Here’s the touched-up final version with the last-minute fixes.

astorian         (2)                                  (Florida St.)                Louisville
    18           32     0      0       11        0        (6)        0      3           1      (11)    0     0  /32

Sorry, TonySinclair, but there’s such a thing as too too late. :smiley: