Well THAT'S just fucking great

This just in, the Pleides (Seven Sisters Constellation) will be at it’s ‘highest point ever’ in the sky. And according to ancient Aztecs…this would occur on the night that the World Ended.

GREAT.

Fucking GREAT. Thanks a lot Ancient Aztecs. I knew this would fucking happen RIGHT WHEN I lost this weight.

Looks like all that self improvement was for naught, and I never even got to go to Germany.

Fucking Aztecs and their fucking prophecy.

I guess it’s been fun.

jar

Y’know, if the fucking ancient aztecs were so fucking smart, how come ya don’t see any of 'em around anymore?

Oh, relax,jarbaby.

The whole thing’s been called off due to lack of interest.

Might you be mixing this up with the ancient Aztec prediction that this would be the night the lights go out in Georgia?

Awww, come on jarbaby, all the Christians thought the world was ending on 01/01/00, (or was it 01/01/01…) and we’re still around! The world ain’t ending. Go to Germany. Eat sausages. :slight_smile:

*Disclaimer: I know not all the Christians thought the world was ending…I’m making a point.

Well, according to the Mayan calendar, the world will end in december 2012, so you still have time to do all those fun things, and to enjoy your weight loss!

Well, according to my calendar, the world will end January 31, 2002 (the last 31 days will apparently be much smaller than the previous 365). Either that, or I’ll need to buy a new calendar.

The real problem, jarbabyj, is not that the Tianquiztli (Pleiades) are too high, but that they have not been receiving their requisite blood sacrifice for lo these 480 years. If we had only been cutting the living hearts out of thousands of captives each year, this situation wouldn’t have arisen. But it’s a bit late for that now.

Well, we still have like 7 hours. Let’s get cracking, people!

I thought the ancient Aztec prediction was that this would be the night Chicago died.

I’m tired of the world pretending to end all the time and then just keeping on going. It’s like having to sit through The Brothers McMullen all over again.

Well, you gotta respect people who have hallucinatory enemas. Or were those the Maya?

If it helps, according to the Mayans, we’ve got another 11 years.

This is my favorite one so far… heehee

The Pleiades are high, the moon is full, and it’s Hallowe’en - that’s enough signs for me. Good bye, everybody. It’s been nice knowing all of you. (At least I don’t have to agonize about getting a career now. :D)

No, jar, it just means that you’re going to eat too much German food, and drink too much German wine tonight, and wake up wishing the world was over. :smiley:

what’s new?

Oh, I’d always understood it to be when they saw the lights go out on Broadway. Wasn’t that supposed to happen in 2017?

Esprix

Well I think it’s great. Frankly, this whole world thing hasn’t worked out all that well. People are constantly blowing each other up, passing diseases, saying mean spirited things, hating each other for stupid reasons, going to work at jobs they hate, not going to work anywhere and feeling useless, wondering if when they die they’ll go to heaven or just rot, turning too much land into parking lots, pretending to know all the answers, cutting me off in traffic, stealing from each other, eating too much, eating too little, wearing stupid fashions, watching stupid shows, hiding the remote, and complaining too much. <–Look Irony! (Or is it hypocrisy?)

So I for one will go outside with a fine root beer, look up at the stars, and cheer the end on!

In the event that the end fails to materialize, will any of you come visit me at whatever mental ward my neigbors send me to?

Sure, as long as I can have your ice cream when I get there. You’re not going to eat those mashed potatos, are you? Saaayy, nice straight-jacket! Can I try it on? Look, padded walls!

And if the world is ending soon, no need to give those kids all my candy. Nosiree, gotta keep up my strength so I can watch the fireworks. Hey! You with the Snickers bar! Give that back!

[sup]Only kidding. We’re giving out crappy candy this year, so I wouldn’t want it anyway.[/sup]