[QUOTE=MonkeyMensch]
Since NAF said that not all of the roles need appear I’d say the most likely to be missing are the GA, followed by the Millers. The GA is a one shot deal and the lack of protection for one night wouldn’t hurt too bad. As for the Millers I having trouble seeing where their blocking is really crucial unless they can block a killing and get that info out. Probably there’s 2 but I wouldn’t be surprised at none, neither.
So out of 35 remaining that leaves 25ish citizens, 1 SK, and the rest mafiosi.
[/QUOTE]
If I interpretted what NAF said, if a miller targets a mafia, and there are x mafia members, then the miller has a 1/x chance of preventing the mafia strike that night.
At this point, I largely agree with your analysis, and think the GA and miller roles are the least likely to be present, except I was leaning more toward the miller role and less toward the GA role.
What I’m most worried about is the miller blocking the doctor or cops; I’m also worried if they accidently block the SK or VIG, because that’s one less pro-town kill. If the miller does block a mafia, and there’s 9 or 10 mafia, that still means there’s about an 90% chance that the mafia kill will go through. Thus, at this point, it doesn’t look like the miller role is going to be useful until we have a stronger sense of who is mafia so they can target them, otherwise, a random miller target seems to be more hurtful to the town.
Similarly, the GA role is only going to be useful for later in the game when a key role feels compelled to out himself and needs protection. But it will also lend itself to a great amount of abuse by the mafia, if one of them can claim it to try to thwart the doctor from “wasting” his protection on that key role.
IOW, at this point, it doesn’t really matter if either of those roles exist or not, because if the miller is using his power, he’s more likely to hurt the town, and if the GA uses it, he’s wasting it.