Westworld season 4 (open spoilers)

Well that got confirmed really quickly, didn’t it?

Really enjoying this season. Hale is a great villain and the Caleb fidelity run was a great twist

Yes, the twist seemed to tie everything together nicely in a mind-blowing package.

I’m disappointed though that they split up the Bernard & Stubbs duo.

She’s had magic powers since season 1.

She’s an artificial intelligence who’s really good at hacking lesser computers. There’s nothing magical about it.

In retrospect, I’m realizing one of the things that felt wrong about Christina’s and Bernard’s timeline: there was nobody there over 40, and no children. That makes sense - Hale said that kids were perfect hosts for her nanoplague, so during the missing 23 years she killed all the adults and made sure that no more humans would be born, thus dooming humanity to a sterile, robotic extinction.

It’s a colloquialism.

I assume the remaining humans are being used as slaves for some purpose? Typically you just Terminate all the humans.

She’s turned the entire world into Westworld and humanity into Hosts. To me, it seems like an elaborate form of revenge.

So in the old thread, I was…kinda close?

I mean, sort of. The humans are still human, they’re just mind-controlled to act like Westworld hosts in a loop.

James Marsden (Teddy ) is in his late 40s.

I just assumed you don’t see a lot of children or older people because Christina and her roommate are supposed to be 20/early 30 somethings living in a future Manhattan. We also mostly see them at work or going out at night.

There were adults like the ranting homeless guy or the dude who jumped off the building for who control appeared to be less than absolute. The “outliers” Hale mentioned.

Yeah, but it’s James Marsden. He could pass for late thirties, easy.

We were supposed to assume that. But I’ve lived in Manhattan, and there were always plenty of children around, and old folk too.

Which is a distinction without a difference for the vast majority of people, from when they were being controlled by corporations and algorithms. And it seems to be implied that Bernard can still do the same with his Sublime data.

According to MiBbot she’s apparently had revenge against most bots (former hosts) as well.

Those who remain of both humans and former hosts (presumptively across the world) are her pets … or toys. Including Christinores.

Thing is just like we humans usually outlive our pets, she will outlive her human pets … unless she has narratives with kids.

I’m still confused to why Caleb was so important for her to capture, infect by way of an elaborate ruse instead of just delivering flies to his house or to anywhere he was at any point, including in the train, or what infecting him was to accomplish since she killed him very soon after anyway?

Just that Delores and Maeve had liked him?

Given that Hale’s thought processes are profoundly inhuman, I suspect that it’s mostly that. Dolores especially - remember, she was originally Dolores’s mental clone, so I suspect that her attitude toward her mother/sister/creator is extraordinarily complex.

I think Hale needed to get Caleb to enter one of the parks so she could collect data for building a host version if she wanted to. Although he had entered a park previously for military training.

Also, it’s not really clear how Hale is getting “revenge” beyond her personal satisfaction that she won. She doesn’t appear to be torturing humans or creating some sort of dystopian nightmare. Most of the humans don’t seem to realize they are under control or have been turned into host versions of themselves. As far as most people seem to know, they are living in some sort of Matrix-like utopia.

I mean is her “revenge” against Dolores to spend eternity as a 20-something single woman living in a tiny Manhattan apartment with a cool roommate and a Murphy bed and reunite her with her long lost love?

Again, this is an insane artificial intelligence we’re talking about - her definition of revenge may be very different from ours. Hell, she probably thinks she’s proving a point. I’m sure she’ll be explaining it all to us soon enough.

Yeah the last epi shows her torturing humans for her own amusement, making a piano player play on bloodied fingers, and people dance until they collapse.

So all of humanity are slaves, tortured and killed for the robots amusement. Anyone still “team robot”? It’s like if after WW2, we- in revenge for massive crimes against humanity- turned all of Japan into a slave camp for amusement.

Looks like the Man in Black really is alive.

Or maybe all the protagonists are robots, who can tell?

Yeah, that whole waste of time with the Caleb “it was all just a dream” story.

I just can’t dig this show anymore. I feel like the writers don’t really know where they’re going with the story, and I no longer feel like anything is ever at stake because anything of any consequence that could happen to any of these characters might be either a different timeline, or not the “real” version of the character. The first season was great because it didn’t overreach so much in the scope of the story. The current season is kind of the definition of overreaching.

I’ve always liked the aesthetic style, but I feel that at this point there’s FAR more style than substance.

It’s a bit telling that this week no one even bothered to post until today.

I guess I’m a little curious how they intend to, or they intend to, tie the multiple threads together. Will robot Caleb have a part in the story? Maeve is a secret weapon how? What’s the rest of Teddy’s story? Created by Hale too? From the Sublime? Robot William I couldn’t care less about.

I’ll probably finish it out but not anxiously looking forward anymore.

Hale may have a couple of screws loose, but what I gathered is that Robo-William was the one claiming NYCWorld represented a significant investment in time and resources; she was of the opinion Hosts had better things to do than play around in the physical world. Perhaps she intended her hosts to come to that conclusion themselves by interacting with Christina’s narratives? But they didn’t, and started killing themselves instead. Or something.