What are we to do with these insects we refer to as Republicans?

TIL that a “thorny locust” is a tree, not an insect. Good to know.

Bricker was a disingenuous asshole who deserved quite a lot of the shit he got, even if I didn’t see the full volume of it. His main shtick was to start endless “liberal hypocrisy” threads using the formulation “If one liberal says or does a thing, we can claim it’s representative of liberal ideology or actions as a whole even if there is ample evidence to the contrary, whereas if even one conservative doesn’t say or do a thing, it can’t be assumed to be representative of conservative ideology or actions as a whole even if there is ample evidence to the contrary.” I don’t deny his substantial positive contributions to the board in many ways but his fundamental dishonesty and hypocrisy in all political matters are not fully mitigated by them.

You mean in the way that the current administration is currently detaining immigrants including children in camps lacking adequate food, clothing, shelter and medical supplies - or indeed where Joe Arpaio held prisoners in even worse conditions - where there have already been multiple deaths? Is that the sort of thing you’re worried about? How about ICE rounding up people without proper warrants, including several American citizens, and detaining them indefinitely without legal representation or due process? I mean, if you’re concerned about these things happening, you must be furious with the Trump administration.

Meanwhile this week it’s been revealed that Trump has actively been suggesting US troops shoot immigrants (which include everyone from grandparents to toddlers) to “protect the border”. It’s funny how these things you’re worried about liberals doing are things being advocated or have already been implemented by Republicans.

I’m guessing there’s a few women who might have some views on that one.