What Are Your Labor-Day Weekend Plans?

Training for upcoming triathlon by taking several open-water swims in Florida’s lovely shark-infested waters. Fortunately I have a good training partner and she is slower in the water than I am. This puts her a little lower on the oceanic food-chain than myself. :smiley:

The same thing I do every Labor-Day Weekend, Pinky. Try to take over the world!
(Eve, does “between books” mean that the Kay Kendall biography is done?)

Usually I’ll have a big ole’ BBQ but I really don’t feel like cooking for 8 hours straight, hopefully I’ll find a BBQ to crash so I can make fun of the cook.:slight_smile: If not that I’ll just hang around the city.

Finagle-I have the first draft of Kay off to the publisher; there will still be LOTS of editing and rewriting (and the hellish index and footnotes!) but right now, nothing much. I don’t want to even start the proposal for the next book till we get Kay “put to bed.”

I will be driving 50 miles north to Milesburg, PA, to a weekend bear party.

Bears…mmmm…

jayjay :wink:

Up to Michigan (4 hour drive) for the 6th time this summer. The kids all got up on skis this year, so I’ll undoubtedly spend countless hours dragging them around the lake - which means I should postpone drinking heavily until evening.

Ms. D’s dad has about 350 acres in the middle of nowhere, with 3 houses, a private lake, tennis court, and miles of 2-track paths. Plus, boats, jetskis, 4-wheelers, and just about any other toy imaginable. Clothes are optional, watches are prohibited, and drinking and eating to excess is mandatory.

Well, let’s see, our anniversary is Friday night, so we’ll probably do something, as yet to be determined (what is the 11th anniversary again?)

Was going to fly to DC for the Saturday World Cup qualifier, but just found out its a) at 10 AM and b) SOLD OUT, so that one is on the backburner.

Have a BBQ to go to on Sunday afternoon, and maybe the big fireworks show on the riverfront, if we want to squeeze in with the other 500,000-1,000,000 people that seem to go every year.

Also would seriously consider shooting down to the Lubefest, Tequila, where and exactly when?

I’m flying to Canada to see a certain Canadian doper… :smiley:

Damn it, callie, you weren’t supposed to tell anyone about your invitation to the Secret Canadian Orgy Dopefest!

ShibbOleth,
We will be at the Comfort Suites, 5527 Athens Boonesboro Rd
Lexington, KY (859) 263-0777. Be getting there Friday and leaving Sunday. As far as any particular events, none scheduled at this point but anyone who would like to drop by is more than welcome. Just gonna go there, and wing it depending on if anybody shows. :slight_smile:

If the weather holds and if I can get time away from work (two big "if"s), I’ll be paddling out to an island on Lake Superior and lazing about on a cobble beach.

I’ll be being entertained by RTFirefly, among other people.

Pucette, maybe you can convince your mother to let you take a break from cleaning and visit all us lonely male-types at RT’s:)

Hey, Maeglin… wanna do nothing together? :smiley:

[sub]sorry; just didn’t want to be the only one who isn’t hooked up.[sub]

Robin

No real plans here… it’s been too dang hot to go out on the boat, and we’ve been doing domestical household stuff - building workbenches, cleaning up stuff, planning for a deck extension and refencing the yard… Ah, the bliss of home ownership.

Frankly, it’ll be a treat not to have to get up at 5AM for 3 days straight…

Me too, me too.

(Boy, I hate “me too” posts. :D)

Attending WorldCon, which starts on Thursday, so I’m getting a jump on the weekend . . .

i’ll be doing the summer clothes to winter clothes switch, and reading a lot of books. hhhmmm, three days of reading. i better gather some snacks.

Bumbershoot is what I’ll be doing, and lots of it.

for those who dont know its a 4 day music festival held in Seattle every year for labor day weekend. Cake will be served.

Phoenix, Sedona, the Grand Canyon–my first time (except when I was a baby). Mrs. AG and I get a vacation–Woo Hoo!

I’m entertaining a southern lady. :smiley: