What did you get yourself for (not) Christmas

Parallel thread to: What are you getting your SO for Christmas? - Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share - Straight Dope Message Board, 'cuz I know lotsa people buy gifts for themselves - you materialistic curs.

New (AWD) wheels for me: http://www.lincoln.com/mkz/home.asp
Drive it off the lot at 2pm tomorrow.

Don’t know yet. Depends what my stinking friends & relations don’t get me. A new toaster (that actually heats the bread)? A cotton throw with a tight weave? Tank Girl on DVD? A cordless Dustbuster?

I got the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon series on DVD. It should come in the mail today. Guess what I’m doing tonight?

Shiny new Desktop PC.

As long as we’re asking questions, where’ve you been, UncleBeer?

Engaged.

Congratulations Eutychus!!!

Colt Government Model .380, similar to this, but for less than half the current value.

It’s fairly standard for me - Anything I buy after Halloween is likely to be stolen, wrapped, and stuck under the tree. The $700 custom meteoric sgian dubh from 1998 was the most shocking example. I was but days away from sending a strongly worded email to the guy when I discovered it had been delivered before Thanksgiving.

Season Three of Deadwood and a red Moleskine planner for 2008.

2003 Kawasaki ZX1200 Ninja. I still don’t know what the hell I was thinkin’.

I got a gym membership yesterday and today I’m picking up a gym bag.

I told my wife I want a 3-wood, but I’ll buy it myself in the spring.
And I need new golf shoes, but I’m waiting until after my foot surgery in January.
Other than that, not too much I need/want.

An expensive plane ticket. Yes, it will be worth it.

I along with the hubby are doing an IVF cycle this month. We are self financing this so that is what we are getting ourselves/myself.

Other than that, I bought a leather jacket and some shoes. I get to buy whatever I want whenever as the need or want arises so getting things for myself is a moot point. But the IVF was a major thing to do and it wasn’t necessarily for Christmas it was just that we were home in December to complete a cycle.

Compaq Presario laptop, now I can bug everyone from the comfort of my own kitchen (closer to the beer.)

A box of Punch Double Coronas, or Partagás Lusitanias, depending on which one my father-in-law finds first at the Varadero airport. They’ll be arriving Saturday, although I’m afraid I won’t be able to enjoy one until March or so. :frowning:

An ice cream maker for the house - rice, honey, black tea, imitation crab, tortilla and so on flavored ice cream, here I come!

Let me know how the krab tastes.

If this was the Pit, I’d have a clever and inappropriate response to this! :smiley:

I bought myself some new motorcycle pants, a 14" metal cutting abrasive disc, a transmission for my old Suzuki and a “D” battery holder. That MP3 will play more than a couple hours now!

I’m considering this necklace. I’ve earned it this year without a doubt. I probably won’t get it by Christmas but it’s the thought that counts.