What Do You Like That You're Not Supposed To?

Cigarettes. I may not be as fancy as Spoons, but I do hand-roll good quality Danish tobacco.

I too like candy corn! I buy when on sale and put away for later. Like Peeps too. I too like fake maple syrup do not like real I find it too sweet. I would rather frozen yogurt than the other stuff. I hate the taste of alcohol as in beer wine etc but love tequila.

I’m a straight up pizza snob searching out only the best local gourmet, local, neapolitan, and brick oven places while turning up my nose at the dominos, papa johns, and pizza hut stuff.
However the most common pizza you’ll find in my freezer is the Totonos Party pizzas. $1.25 each and crispy goodness.

Mashed potatoes made from dehydrated potato flakes, rather than actual mashed potatoes. They taste good to my buds, and most importantly, no lumps. Lumps about make me want to throw up. Similar dynamic with pulp in orange juice.

Taco Bell and Chipotle.

Yes, man bunned hipster, it may not be as ‘authentic’ as your local taqueria where no one speaks English, they don’t have a website and the same family has run it since 1967.

I still like it.

I am also a Lima bean eater. But I simmer the frozen product in chicken stock along with some chopped onion and crushed red pepper for at least an hour. A chunk of smoked pork is welcome, if available. The result is tasty beans with gravy.

I could do the same thing with dried limas, I suppose, simmer an extra hour and save a buck.

I like my eggs cooked all the way. No runny yolks for me.

And add me to the Lima beans category. I even like succotash.

Chili Cheese Fritos. Underwood Deviled Ham. And, the Buffalo Chicken pizza at Cici’s.

Both. And brussels sprouts.

+1.

Oh they don’t look like the picture-perfect stereotypical sunny side up ones befitting a Norman Rockwell breakfast scene, but they’re a lot more practical to eat and less disgusting to me than viscous yellow “blood” seeping everywhere.

I think we have a, um, winner, if it can be called that.

Peeps. I’m all for Peeps too. And they’re getting all creative with flavors this day. I’ve even seen maple-syrup flavor.

Yes, there is something called cake flour. It has less gluten in it, in the same way that bread flour has more.

Bakers tip - you can make your own cake flour equivalent by mixing in cornflour to your standard plain/all-purpose, at a 1 in 3 ratio. I use it for steamed buns, not cake, but I imagine it would work just as well for that.

Pineapple on pizza.

That is delicious. The best tasting pizzas in history were the deep dish Canadian Bacon and Pineapple pizzas I made when I worked at the student union pizza parlor at UCLA in the 1980s.

White Russians

I know, The Big Lebowski is over 20 years old. Don’t care, I was drinking them before that.
It’s a girl’s drink. Sorry, they taste great and I’m secure enough in my masculinity I don’t give a shit what the frat bros think.

Yes!

Bob Dylan’s “Christian” albums.

Tofu. People still make fun of it, but it is a staple in my diet and I think I am really very good at cooking with it.

That said, I consider Pop Tarts a real treat. They are garbage, for sure, yet I get a thrill when I tear into that thin, cheap foil wrapper and don’t even bother with the toaster.

Right. I’ll have them scrambled, hard boiled, or even out of an egg ring on my Egg McMuffin, but ixnay on the liquid yellow stuff. I always see on Chopped how they think putting a runny egg on something pushes it into full orgasm-land. Ah, no. That’s called “ruining” a dish.

I’ve also had pineapple with shrimp. Not bad!

Good stuff! Remember when Taco Bell was getting flak about their beef? I assumed there was a lot of texturized vegetable protein or something…if it’s tasty and not too bad for you what’s the big deal? Anyway I got curious and looked it up.

The steak quesadillas at Taco Bell especially, mmboy!

I’m no fan of lima beans. Butter beans are a different story…

Brussels sprouts are wonderful when roasted with olive oil and garlic. They are NOT meant to be boiled into mush!

I also like rutabagas and am surprised they aren’t more popular. Sure, they’re ugly, and you have to peel them and remove that beeswax coating, but put them into soup or stew, and you have what tastes like a starchy carrot.

I also like both limas and butterbeans, but the latter make me very gassy, so I avoid them. :frowning: I buy them frozen, and steam them.

Ramen is a quick snack or meal, and I also like that Mary Kitchen canned hash, especially if it’s heated by baking with an egg or two on top.

Chef Boy-ar-Dee Spaghettios have also drastically improved in recent years.

I fucking LOVE Lima Beans…a touch of butter, salt and fresh Pepper.