What do you listen to?

Music to calm me down:

Squirrel Nut Zippers
Bob Marley
Enigma
Regge in general
Sublime
Erasure

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

I usually pull out my Steeleye Span CDs when I’m feeling down, especially Parcel of Rogues or Below the Salt. I just find them very absorbing and uplifting and wonderful.

When I’m angry, Quadrophenia still does it. “The Real Me” is the greatest heavy metal song ever recorded (in my humble opinion, anyway :slight_smile: )

Catrandom

Exactly the approach I take.

Chopin’s Prelude 14 in… ummm… D flat minor? (“A Living Man Suffering”), while very short, captures the mood pretty well. Anger. Torment. And no sappy ending.

There are some suitably furious orchestral things too… Igor has some good stuff.

peas on earth

I always put in both my Van Morrison Moondance and Violent Femmes cd’s. Works every time. Into the Mystic will calm me down and pick me up anytime.

Born O.K. the first time…

If you are born again, do you have two belly buttons?

If you want to stay angry / flip out / scream / etc. : Cygnus X-I (Rush), The Evil That Men Do (Iron Maiden - Satan, we gotta look each other up and admire CD collections man !), Ace of Spades (Motorhead), The Man’s too Strong (Dire Straits), … yeah, I could go on for hours.

If you want to relax and unwind: The Pass (Rush), Second Nature (Rush), Alone again in the lap of luxury (Marillion), Everlong (Foo Fighters), Past the Mission (Tori Amos), Space Die Vest, Surrounded, Learning to Live (all Dream Theater), and, especially:

BELIEVE by Savatage.

This song will be played at my funeral. Preferably live, with John Oliva singing it. I imagine the crowd rising, and listening to this most superb of ballads through the most monstruous PA ever set up in a church. Gorgeous crying women throw themselves on my coffin, etc etc.

But I digress :wink:

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)